Is Leisurepro an Authorized Sherwood Dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maximdonch

Registered
Reaction score
Is LeisurePro an authorized dealer of Sherwood?

I am looking at getting a full package for both my wife and I, and I found the Sherwood Package 6 with The Blizzard, Tortuga, and Wisdom Dive computer a pretty good match for what I was looking for.

Although I just found out today that they don't necessarily offer manufacturer's warranties and or if something were to happen (lets say for example, the dive computer fails) I basically will have to eat the full or partial cost of an upgrade.

I love online shopping, and don't mind in the least buying from a reputable company. However I am pretty sure that I have read that the Wizdom dive computer is like any other computer. Some work great, and some have issues, some you break due to operator error.

The only part that really worries me is the dive computer. So basically it would put my mind at ease if someone told me (or several people) that Leisure pro is an authorized Sherwood dealer.

And scubatoys will match leisurepro's price so there is no reason to not have the mfgr warranty.

good to know, since I live in WI, I was looking for something a little more proven in cold water, and the people on this board have nothing but great things to say about the Sherwood brand regulators.

Other than the whole Back Plate wings theory.... is this package a relatively good deal (if I go to scubatoys, and try and price match).

Used mostly around Lake Michigan, and the inland lakes... With possibly an annual trip to Bonaire?

The short answer to this is no, I cover this more in-depth in another thread, I have posted the link below.

I am looking at getting a full package for both my wife and I, and I found the Sherwood Package 6 with The Blizzard, Tortuga, and Wisdom Dive computer a pretty good match for what I was looking for.

This package is a pretty nice set up, I'd be happy to dive with it. The Tortuga is super comfy, the Blizzard is a rock, and the wisdom has all the bells and whistles with a nice big easy to read display.

Although I just found out today that they don't necessarily offer manufacturer's warranties and or if something were to happen (lets say for example, the dive computer fails) I basically will have to eat the full or partial cost of an upgrade.

I believe what you may have read was referring to a computer that was 2 years out of warranty. If you have a failure under warranty we will be able to repair or replace it for you just like the manufacturer would. Here is a link to a post regarding our warranty with lots of good information (my post is towards the bottom).

I love online shopping, and don't mind in the least buying from a reputable company. However I am pretty sure that I have read that the Wizdom dive computer is like any other computer. Some work great, and some have issues, some you break due to operator error.

We have been in the business for 18 years with very many satisfied customers, check out our ratings from the link above. In regards to computers breaking, pretty much any piece of electrical equipment going into the ocean is fair game in my book (salt water and electronics don't mix).

The only part that really worries me is the dive computer. So basically it would put my mind at ease if someone told me (or several people) that Leisure pro is an authorized Sherwood dealer.

To sum it all up, I would tell you we are not an authorized dealer, but our warranty is going to cover you just the same and we will save you lots of $$ to boot. Many of our customers have told us when they had an issue that we were easier to deal with than their LDS or the manufacturer.

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding LeisurePro, I'd be happy to answer them.

I've never had to use LP for a warranty, so I'm no help there. My suggestion is to see how close your LDS comes to price. Some shops will work with you especially if you buy an entire package from them. Others just want to get as much $$$$ from you as they can, so by all means, use LP. I use my LDS when they give me a good price, but if not, I check LP. I've ordered hundreds of $$$'s worth of LP merchandise, and never had a problem. Keep in mind LP has their own warranty. They are the biggest online retailer for a reason.

I purchased my Wisdom from Scubatoys, an authorized dealer.

I had a problem. Sent it back. They sent me a new one, without even waiting for Sherwood to act on the manufacturer's warranty.

They'll match LP's price (or anyone elses's for that matter.)

So, you'll end up with a factory warranty, an authorized dealer who stands by the products and a great price.

Looks like LeisurePro is now an authorized dealer for Sherwood (among many other things). Of course that means prices went up very significantly, which, for me anyway, removes any reason to shop at LeisurePro. But hey, they know what they are doing.

This is really simple. Call Sherwood and ANY of the other mfg of the gear you are about to buy.

Looks like LeisurePro is now an authorized dealer for Sherwood (among many other things). Of course that means prices went up very significantly, which, for me anyway, removes any reason to shop at LeisurePro. But hey, they know what they are doing.

I'm guessing that Larry got tired of having to match LP's prices on Sherwood.....

Same thing happened with Zeagle.

Yep.... The prices go up significantly when that happens. So the consumer pays more.

oh well.... the consumer didn't come out on top here.... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom