DIN Adaptors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1gcountry

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
After converting my regs to DIN fittings, I am now left with several extra yokes+Screws. I've heard that there is a fairly simple part you can order to make your extra yokes into DIN adaptors. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Tom

After converting my regs to DIN fittings, I am now left with several extra yokes+Screws. I've heard that there is a fairly simple part you can order to make your extra yokes into DIN adaptors. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Tom
Keep one in case you have to rent a tank in some remote location (Belize, Cozumel, etc.) Its likely just an adjustable wrench or an allen Key to switch back.

Toss one in your dry box and eBay the parts - for some reason there are still people using Yoke Regs out there.

---
Ken

I'm not familiar with the parts you are describing. However, there is an adaptor you can obtain which connects to your DIN and converts to yoke. Very simple and affective and does not require any tools.

Chris

I'm not familiar with the parts you are describing. However, there is an adaptor you can obtain which connects to your DIN and converts to yoke. Very simple and affective and does not require any tools.

Chris

Yes, I am trying to make that adaptor from the pieces left over when I converted my regs to DIN. I have the Yoke and screw left over, and I want somewhere to get the female DIN part that will turn my extra Yoke and Screw into a DIN Adaptor.

Tom

I understand what you want, but have never heard of such a thing. Post if you find one, I have some titanium Atomic yokes lying around, too.

Go to a scubpro dealer and ask them to order the piece you need. Only a good shop will know what to order. I will look for the part# and post it.

Go to Ebay search for "Din to Yoke" buy one and throw all the yoke parts you have away.

FYI, the Dive Rite converters have been said to not fit the Sherwood 5000 Yoke valves, but I have never had a problem with the Posidion ones.

There is a piece that converts your din reg to a yoke reg. It does not use any of your old parts though.

Yes. That's the piece that was on my first stages before I installed the DIN connector. I still have the old Yokes, and instead of tossing them out, I'd like to use them as DIN Adapters. Yes, I can swap them back into place whenever I want, but it's easier to use a DIN Adapter. The DIN Adapter is just a yoke with a DIN fitting on one end and a Yoke sealing surface on the other, and I have the yoke and Sealing surface, so I would like to only but the DIN Fitting.

Please people, I KNOW WHAT A DIN Adaptor is! If I didn't, the title of my post would not be "DIN Adaptors"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom