Humidifyers for Regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coelacanth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I saw an ad somewhere a while ago for something like this: a sort of humidifying chamber that apparently hooks up somewhere between the tank valve and the reg. I tried Googling it just now but it kept bringing me thing about vacuums.

Has anyone heard of or had experience with something along these lines? It seems that if it didn't somehow allow bacteria or anything to start growing in the reg it may be a good idea (mouth not so dry, easier to swallow/equalize).

Thanks for any input :D

Like so many other things, anyone who has one (or sells them) will tell you how wonderful it is. Personally, I think that everyone should have one. It will make a great addendum to the economic stimulus package.

These things have been around for a while. I have never seen anyone use one in 30+ years. IMO the second stage of a reg. is moist to begin with. If you feel cotton mouth syndrome...it suggests dehydration. Best to rehydrate before diving.

X

I have the Apollo BioFilter and I LOVE it!

I drink tons of water before and after diving but I still get drymouth 24/7, diving or not, because of my allergy meds. The BioFilter makes diving much more comfortable for me.

The Sherwood Oasis regulator is supposed to help with dry mouth also.

I saw an ad somewhere a while ago for something like this: a sort of humidifying chamber that apparently hooks up somewhere between the tank valve and the reg. I tried Googling it just now but it kept bringing me thing about vacuums.

Has anyone heard of or had experience with something along these lines? It seems that if it didn't somehow allow bacteria or anything to start growing in the reg it may be a good idea (mouth not so dry, easier to swallow/equalize).

Thanks for any input :D

See this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/re...ilter-pro-cons.html?mode=threaded#post1688511

Horray! They DO exist an I'm not crazy. And sound pretty cool, actually. Thanks for the input everyone.

Couv, I swear I wasn't being a mindless noob. I did do a search, but with the wrong keywords. Thanks for the link. :D

Couv, I swear I wasn't being a mindless noob. I did do a search, but with the wrong keywords. Thanks for the link. :D

No problem Coelacanth. I am of the opinion that if you have a question, just go ahead and ask it. Not just for your benefit, but for the benefit of others. Some would argue that the proper way is to do a search first. But look at it this way. Now, others who may not have even considered asking your question have been exposed to the information. I have seen LOTS of questions asked here at SB that I would never have thought of to ask. Consequently, through the answers given and oftentimes through links provided, I have been enlightened and entertained......that is the purpose of a forum.

Cool handle by the way.

c

Sounds like this biofilter is something I need. Thanks for the advice, people...

Back
Top Bottom