Dive in Ein Sokhna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

I am looking forward to dive in Ein-Sokhna. If anyone here has any information about the diving there, like (Diving centers, dive site, Sea conditions ...etc), thank you for your help.

Up till now, Ein Sokhna is an outbound area and no dive centers exist there. Some rumors say that they'll permit diving there soon.

However, some people from Cairo take their tanks and dive there, mainly to complete courses. I dove there twice and it isn't worth it, IMHO. However, if you compare it to Alex, it's better diving.

Hi;

I logged maybe 20 dives in Sokhana. My Advice is if you dont have boat or zodiac not worth it.
Unless your just going just to get wet. The viz gets real bad with current as it's very shallow

Well there is a site just in front of porto sokhana max depth 18 with some nice coral and sealife.

But you need permits to go out from the port as Asser mentioned
Me and Asser had a bad dive once from shore :)

Cheers

Yaaa thats true .... how come.. Asser we need to do short trips to dahab friday and sat.... As u know i have to take sat off :(

Yaaa thats true .... how come.. Asser we need to do short trips to dahab friday and sat.... As u know i have to take sat off :(
Trips are always there. I know they`re at least 3 days but you can always join and drop the third day. And remember the golden rule of diving; dive now work later :)

That's disappointing. Are you sure that's correct? A friend of mine just got back from the Stella di Mare hotel in Ain Sokhna, and she said they had a dive center. When I looked on their website, I found this:

"Enjoy our Padi licensed Diving Center. Offering a large of Padi courses for you to really enjoy and explore the sea. Boat trips can be easily arranged to explore many of the wonderful coral reefs near Ain Sukhna or perhaps such breathtaking locales as sunken ships. Diving equipment is available for rent. The Diving Center is available seasonally"

I was really hoping there would be some nice dives there, since I will be working in Cairo the next six months but the Red Sea is a bit to far for a weekend trip. Any advice would be appreciated.

That's disappointing. Are you sure that's correct? A friend of mine just got back from the Stella di Mare hotel in Ain Sokhna, and she said they had a dive center. When I looked on their website, I found this:

"Enjoy our Padi licensed Diving Center. Offering a large of Padi courses for you to really enjoy and explore the sea. Boat trips can be easily arranged to explore many of the wonderful coral reefs near Ain Sukhna or perhaps such breathtaking locales as sunken ships. Diving equipment is available for rent. The Diving Center is available seasonally"

I was really hoping there would be some nice dives there, since I will be working in Cairo the next six months but the Red Sea is a bit to far for a weekend trip. Any advice would be appreciated.
The dive center at Stella was operating like 2 years ago then it stopped. This year it re-operated under a new management. However, as you mentioned, it operates seasonally and normally needs a minimum of 5 divers to go on a boat trip.

If you want to join our dive club for Egyptians and residents in Egypt, you're welcome. Visit RedSeaShadow : SCUBA diving all over the Red Sea

IndyJ;

Ya I wish i am in ur shoes i wanna go diving every weekend but thats not the case.. the logistics is just not that ease.. And yes there is a wreck. But again logistics...

I think the one in Stella di Mare is an Aque center not really a diving center anymore

Ur best option is to rent tanks and do some shore diving and so far there is no site from the shore thats worth that atleast that i know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom