Anyone familiar with ScubaPro Sea Glider?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cappyjon431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a ScubaPro Sea Glider which I have not used in years. I want to take it out for a spin, but I want to get it serviced first (replace o-rings, clean up battery connections, check wiring, etc.). ScubaPro hasn't sold these in years and my LDS, although a ScubaPro distributor, does not do this kind of work.

Does anyone know someone who services these scooters? Thanks!

IHello buddy, i recently buy a used one. I'm a electronic and elctric engineer, so i rebuilt it. I have already the batteryes , it was just to create some wiring and repair t the trigger. I've tried up to 56.3-meters and was not flooded. I use it mainly for the onward way, I go back to the surface and retrieved from the baoat at the end of decompression. This way i have around 45' of burning, this means in-line around 1.5 km. It depends of what you want, just a check or a complete revision. There are 3 ways of water to check: the main "O-ring" with guide pieces, the o-rings of the recharge tap, the motor seals. About the first two, you have just to clean and check. For the motor, if you want, but i don't think it's necessary, go to boat service who sale Minn-Kota or Evinrude or Johnson: in fact, the motor is a Minn-Kota unit. I never disassembled neither the helix, sorry propeller, neither the motor.
Inside: you have to check the batteries, probably they are old or damaged. If you are not able dissambly it, probably you have just one battery around 12 V 17-24 Ah 16.5*17.5*12.5 cm ad es. Beghelli 12280 or RS 537-5501. I use a pair of RS 537-7305 like of fiamm(12 v 14AH) in pair. You can use a 12 V 7.2 Ah in a set of three. The trigger don't work good, the reed but the problem is on the magnet, i use a magnet inside the glove on the thumb (ah ah ah ah!). I also check the relay inside the box, because it works and not work, it's a relay commonly used in cars, here in Europe. You can find it at motorshop. 30 A, with fuse if possible.
One thing very important: be sure that the electrical bolts are very tight: the current is high so almost a little gap can produce heat and burn cables, . When i have just buyed and not checked, it appens to me, a cable is burned inside the box of the relay. If you have quatsion ask. A lottle of bubbles. Giorgio :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom