Jetstream Regulator - Anyone used one yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuby-doo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm curious to see how good this reg is. Dive Rite makes it look pretty good in the marketing pieces, but would like to know what someone who has actually used one thinks of it. I have an RG2500 that works great but am always looking to upgrade. Would like to hear any opinions about advantages/disadvantages of side-breathers as well.

Mahalo!

Patrick

Haven't actually dove one. Looks sweet, feels sweet and preforms as it should on the bench. I've talked to divers who have dove the RG2500 1st and Jet stream and switched to this one, not much difference apparently but now there packaging it which is cool.

Their regulator looks exactly like Posiden's. I haven't used the DiveRite, but I have used Posidens in the past and they are excellent regulators. I am wondering if that is who is producing this for them?

I'm curious to see how good this reg is. Dive Rite makes it look pretty good in the marketing pieces, but would like to know what someone who has actually used one thinks of it. I have an RG2500 that works great but am always looking to upgrade. Would like to hear any opinions about advantages/disadvantages of side-breathers as well.

Mahalo!

Patrick

Hey P,

I won't speak to personal usage, that would be silly since I am the manufacturer and you already read all the marketing text on our website, so I will skip that, too.

Let me just inform this thread that the reg is Poseidon...no surprises there. Poseidon does not make this particular combination of first and second stage (Xtreme first stage, Jetstream second stage) and it is a very nice combo.

As for performance, it is a higher performing reg that the 2500 in deep waters...this is an IDEAL reg for deep water..the dang thing practically breathes for you. Deep water wreck divers swear by them.

They are more expensive to service (they do not fall under our free service parts for life as long as the reg is serviced every 2 years/100 dives policy) and they must have their own hose (with the built in safety valve). Because this is an upstream valve, it does not fail "open" as you are accustomed to. Instead it blows off building pressure from a safety valve in the hose.

It's a phenomenal reg, my husband had been diving one for years prior to me joining Dive Rite. We now use them on our sidemount rigs due to the sidebreather characteristic makes it easy to use on the left riding tank.

Best,
Kathleen

Hey P,

I won't speak to personal usage, that would be silly since I am the manufacturer and you already read all the marketing text on our website, so I will skip that, too.

Let me just inform this thread that the reg is Poseidon...no surprises there. Poseidon does not make this particular combination of first and second stage (Xtreme first stage, Jetstream second stage) and it is a very nice combo.

As for performance, it is a higher performing reg that the 2500 in deep waters...this is an IDEAL reg for deep water..the dang thing practically breathes for you. Deep water wreck divers swear by them.

They are more expensive to service (they do not fall under our free service parts for life as long as the reg is serviced every 2 years/100 dives policy) and they must have their own hose (with the built in safety valve). Because this is an upstream valve, it does not fail "open" as you are accustomed to. Instead it blows off building pressure from a safety valve in the hose.

It's a phenomenal reg, my husband had been diving one for years prior to me joining Dive Rite. We now use them on our sidemount rigs due to the sidebreather characteristic makes it easy to use on the left riding tank.

Best,
Kathleen

Thanks for the info Kathleen!

Patrick

I was just talking to a customer on the phone today that purchased a Jetstream. He was very happy about the performance. He also purchased one of the new RG3000 regulators and he said that the Jetstream breathed "different" from the RG3000, but better. For divers that like a side-exhaust regulator, this may well be the choice.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Back
Top Bottom