Alabama Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BNow0707

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Are there any dive sites in central or north alabama other than ABWA?

I've dove Smith Lake and ABWA, just looking for more places to dive locally.

Has anyone tried diving any of the resvoirs(Logan Martin, Wedowee, Neely Henry) I know they're very murky on top but not sure about deeper down.

Lake Martin

Occasionally the quarry in Madison is open for diving(used to be called Rock Divers). There's a quarry in Glenco.

Lots of stuff South :)

How far south? What kind of sites?

Lake Martin

Occasionally the quarry in Madison is open for diving(used to be called Rock Divers). There's a quarry in Glenco.

Lots of stuff South :)

Madison Quarry (formally Rock Divers) is closed for good due to local politics, or at least for now.

Glenco, aka DiveLand, is closed also and for sale for about a little under a million $$$.

THe only two commercial quarries left open are ABWA in Pelham and "Moulton Quarry" which is not open all the time and run on a flexible schedule.

If the past has shown us anything, those quarries open and close continually. Chances are, they'll be open again before long.

If you come back up to Smith Lake once it warms up, let me know. I live in Cullman and I haven't gotten to dive it yet, so buddies are always welcome! :D

Where 48 crosses Lake Wedowee the old bridge is submerged.

Parysa- we will be back later this summer,i gotta find a pontoon boat to borrow to dive from. We tried it out of my bass boat, but two divers gear and a bubble watcher was just too much stuff for a 17ft bass boat lol:D

algulfdiver i'm well aware of the BIG LAKE down south water tastes funny down there though lol :wink:

Mike_s where is Moulton Quarry?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom