It's Thursday, again - 2/14 weigh in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NancyLynn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was afraid that my week long trip to Cozumel (with all-inclusive food and alcohol would do serious damage).

Fortunately :icosm11: the food was adequate, but not interesting enough to tempt me to overindulge too often.

So . . . I'm still where I was before a week of mild indulgence. . . one frustrating pound away from being "normal" weight on the BMI scale.

How's everyone else doing?

The same as last week, but my pants feel a little looser, so somethings going right. :D
Joe

Hmmm, I only lost a couple of pounds since last week. My wife tells me that it is because of the weights and strength exercises I do. Sure hope so !! We are heading to Coz in 12 days also staying at an AI. :crafty:

opps.... thursday already!!

so i started the week with a dodgy foot that meant no training but thats come good now but now im all bloaty and retaining water (tom :wink:)

but - i know this will pass so concentrating on the good!

coke (the soda) free for 2yrs, i cant remember the last time i went thru a drivethru for junk food and im still eating lots of fresh fruit and veggie

tonight ive going to kickboxing to make up for the missed class ealier this week .... i feel sore already :wink:

Well I rejoined the fitness expedition 30 days ago (haven't been checking in here though) and discovered I was down 30# :D 1/3 of the way to my weight goal, just gotta get a little more dilligent about my cardio now. Soon my wetsuit will fit again! Yay! (the water is down to 73* and getting a wee bit cool without a wetsuit lately)

Aloha, Tim

Well I rejoined the fitness expedition 30 days ago (haven't been checking in here though) and discovered I was down 30#

Wow - 30 lbs in 30 days!

OK, last week I was back up the 2 lbs I lost and decided to get it going again for real... This week I'm down six lbs.

It appears cutting down to one $.99 Double Cheeseburger and $.99 small fries wasn't working as well as I hoped it would - :D

This week I walked, started using the nutrition software again, didn't have one burger (or fries), cleared an area for the treadmill again (and used it!)...

So I guess what I am trying to say is...

Eat less calories than I burn in a week and I am guaranteed to lose weight...

Add exercise to the ritual, and...

#1 - I can eat more calories
#2 - Still lose weight
#3 - Improve my overall health

... Hmmm, isn't this where I was a year ago? But, wait...

Last year I was burning 4000 calories a day (average) and eating 2000 calories less than I burned... I was losing too fast and the folds started to show...

... Hmmm, I think I'll be smarter this time and burn a few less calories, eat a little more and take it off slower. That should allow the skin to adjust accordingly. :wink:

Good luck everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom