REALLY buggy ACI?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gravitron

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I've always found ACI to pale in comparison to Suunto Dive Manager (but I just had to have the flashing LED on the T3), but this most recent problem takes the cake. One of our T3 dive computers, when plugged in, will transfer only the last 3 dives, but we did 20 on a recent trip AND can see them in the T3.

Anyone know how to get ACI to behave and download those dives??

Thank you!

P.S. The first of the downloaded dives (#13 in the series of 15) has a starting tank pressure of 8890 PSI for a Luxfer 80. I'm surprised I still have a girlfriend!

Check your sampling rate and compare it to the ones that are "working".
Something to keep in mind is that even though the computer will store 24 dives on board
it can't necessarily keep the dive profile data for all 24 of those dives.
The newer ACI versions won't download dives that don't
have profile data associated with them. (Older versions did)
If you collect more data samples than the computer can hold,
it tosses the sample data from previous dives to make room for the profile
data of the current dive.
If the sampling rate is small say 2 secs it is quite easy to overflow the sample memory
and loose the sample data for dives. Since the newer ACI won't download dives
without sample data, you won't be able to download those dives that lost their sample data even though you can see the dives in the on board log book.
The old s/w would download the dive, which would give you timing information
but that was about it because the profile data was gone.

--- bill

Both computers are set identically and we dove identical profiles throughout the 15-dive week. Parameter of interest here is the 15 second sample time. Though ACI does suck (what's with the constant "Do you want to save?" prompts anyway??), I'm beginning to think the T3 in question may have a problem.

Both computers are set identically and we dove identical profiles throughout the 15-dive week. Parameter of interest here is the 15 second sample time. Though ACI does suck (what's with the constant "Do you want to save?" prompts anyway??), I'm beginning to think the T3 in question may have a problem.

How many transmitters were you monitoring with the T3?

I you were monitoring only 1 transmitter with a sample rate of 15 seconds I would tend to agree with you since my ATMOS AI will easily handle that amount of sampling data.

I was told by the Aeris/Oceanic representative that they added more memory to the T3 since it would penitentially be handling data from more than one transmitter.

We're only monitoring our own, single-tank, air supply. We don't even use the buddy pressure check.

Thing is, 2 computers, identical parameters, identical profiles, and only one seems willing to upload usable data. This is a new issue, other uploads had gone fine prior to this. We've had the T3's since last summer.

Think I'll contact Aeris support. Only good thing about this is the timing, we only start our dive season here in a couple of months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom