Employment in the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tingtong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

I currently live in Thailand, but our liveaboard season will be drawing to a close soon. Since the Red Sea runs on opposite seasons, I figure it would be a good place to find liveaboard work as a guide until I can come back to Thailand in November.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to find liveaboard work in Egypt? Should I focus on Sharm? I don't know anyone there or have a place to stay, though i do have a small amount of savings. I can't really find any resources about work permits, housing, etc.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
Thanks

p.s. this is not a job application, but just some extra info in case it helps: US citizen, OWSI, 1000+ dives (none in Red Sea), used to very simple accomodation, speak English and moderate Spanish

I definitely could, in a pinch. However I've found that I don't enjoy teaching so much. I'd much prefer to work on liveaboards. If I were to teach, I'd probably just stay here. I'm not sure how it works there, but here many operators will allow you to work on one or two trips without pay to learn the sites, then possibly hire you on. Is it the same there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom