Room for rent in Orlando? :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm on the waiting list for housing on campus...but no gaurantee that I'll get in. So I've officially started apartment hunting, sort of. :) As in, I have papers due and a test or two, so I'm not really that focused on it, but it's in the back of my mind.

I know that you can rent an apartment, but if you don't have friends who also want to live with you, then the apartment people throw you in with some other random people. I don't want that. I have been cursed with random roommates this last year and it has not been fun. So I've been toying around with the idea of renting a room from a home...I know some families might have an extra room and wouldn't mind some extra cash.

Then I was thinking and realized that Scubaboard has helped me out with dinner, test studying and girls, along with scuba gear, and thought maybe, just maybe, Scubaboard would help me find a place to live :)

I'm a UCF student, freshman, who needs a place close to UCF. The closer the better. I don't necessarily need a space at this moment, but if I haven't gotten in to on campus housing in the next month or two, then I will :) I'm quiet, studious, don't drink or do any types of drugs (ok, I use tylenol when I have a headache...), I clean up after myself and I think I'm a nice guy. What are the chances that some SBer has or knows someone with a room to rent for the 2008-2009 academic year, close to UCF?

In all honesty, I'm not expecting to find a place to live on SB. But if I trust SB with my love life, I figured I could take a stab at my home life too....after all, why not?? :)

well me and jesse in the club may be looking for a place come around march or april for next yr If you are still looking by then let me know and maybe we can figure something out.

I'm on the waiting list for housing on campus...but no gaurantee that I'll get in. So I've officially started apartment hunting, sort of. :) As in, I have papers due and a test or two, so I'm not really that focused on it, but it's in the back of my mind.

I know that you can rent an apartment, but if you don't have friends who also want to live with you, then the apartment people throw you in with some other random people. I don't want that. I have been cursed with random roommates this last year and it has not been fun. So I've been toying around with the idea of renting a room from a home...I know some families might have an extra room and wouldn't mind some extra cash.

Then I was thinking and realized that Scubaboard has helped me out with dinner, test studying and girls, along with scuba gear, and thought maybe, just maybe, Scubaboard would help me find a place to live :)

I'm a UCF student, freshman, who needs a place close to UCF. The closer the better. I don't necessarily need a space at this moment, but if I haven't gotten in to on campus housing in the next month or two, then I will :) I'm quiet, studious, don't drink or do any types of drugs (ok, I use tylenol when I have a headache...), I clean up after myself and I think I'm a nice guy. What are the chances that some SBer has or knows someone with a room to rent for the 2008-2009 academic year, close to UCF?

In all honesty, I'm not expecting to find a place to live on SB. But if I trust SB with my love life, I figured I could take a stab at my home life too....after all, why not?? :)

I found a roommate 3 years ago on here. He moved out after a year when his job relocated, but i am only just about to move out of that place after all that time. So i wouldnt give up hope yet.

I would say we have a room in our new place, but with the baby coming this fall and staying in one room, looking after elderly grandparents (who are staying in another room) and of course one for us, we only have one room left for visitors. We are also a bit away from UCF anyway around ORMC.

I'll try actually searching for a roommate for seriousness, like, on multiple sites or whatever, in a few weeks, if it becomes clear that I won't be on campus. Ideally, I'd be on campus....

Rox--not sure if I want to room with you. I hear you are a "scuba diver" and I don't want nuthin' to do with those crazy risk seekers!!!! :wink: I might email you in a few weeks if I don't get on campus housing.

Simbrooks--I never congratulated you yet, but congratulations on the child!!! That's awesome! And you are moving! The only sad thing is you don't cave dive much anymore... :)

Bless your heart
tongue.gif
This is every moms nightmare :( I hope you find a GOOD home. Make sure you look around at the other yards in the area if they look bad or if the cars are junky move on... That's not a place that you want to be in.

I do hope you find a place.
Becky

A friend of mine had a room for rent in Orlando. I will check with her to see if it is still avaiable and pm you.

Pick up a copy of the Central Florida Future from campus or any other business that has them. Its UCF's newspaper and the classified section lists all rooms for rent etc. Good luck and welcome to UCF!

Pick up a copy of the Central Florida Future from campus or any other business that has them. Its UCF's newspaper and the classified section lists all rooms for rent etc. Good luck and welcome to UCF!

Ok, I know the CFF is a nice little newspaper, but let's be honest: it doesn't list all rooms for rent! :)

I doubt, for instance, that very many families with a room they want to rent call up the CFF to put a listing in, it's mainly students.

There is also the issue that I'm looking for a place to rent in the fall, not for the immediate future. I don't know how that works, if a place would want me to start occupying the apartment immediately or what.

Also, as I said, I'm not going all out on an apartment hunt until I'm certain that I can't get in on campus. On campus housing is the easiest way to live during college, I really love how convenient it is. The only annoying thing would be living on something other than the first floor, as then I have to haul doubles up the stairs....but that could happen in any apartment.

Thanks for the advice though and if I do need to go apartment hunting, that's one of the places I'll look.

hmm, I see what you mean. Well then I guess your best bet might be craigs list? I have a lot of friends that live off campus in rented houses but they're usually with other college students.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom