Mares M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devils_advocate

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the Mares M1 (wrist) computer. I've never tried it before...any opinions on it?

I recently purchased a Mares M1 for an 19 day dive trip in Cozumel. I find it very easy to use. The display is crystal clear. It is a little bigger than some of the other computers on the market but I didn't have a problem with this (I found it to be comfortable). This is primarily due to the use of 2 AAA's for power (user replaceable).

The internal Divelog holds 50 dives. The Battery life is 50 dives when not backlit for each dive and 10 if backlit (night dives etc) for each dive. The unit has a low battery warning. I will be buying the infrared interface kit for my computer to download and print out my profiles.

It supports Nitrox up to 50%. The unit is solidly constructed. (Scratch resistant mineral glass instead of plastic screen) No additional protector is required.

Sincerely,

Lanshark

So what do you think....thumbs up on the purchase or down?

Devils_advocate,
Kinda sounds like a thumbs up to me. I considered a Mares before I bought my Dive Rite Ni Tek unit.

I didn't know anyone who had one, or tried one, and it cost more than the Eanx at Leisure Pro or what I paid for my Dive Rite Ni Tek.

Yes, I like it alot. That's why I will be buying the Interface!

Sincerely,

Lanshark

From the reports that I got here and some reviews I decided what the hell and bought it! I went ahead and got the interface too.. After I get it I'll let you know what I think about it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom