Tour Replica Ship The Nina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just a little info on somthing to do this weekend:

Event: Tour Replica Ship The Nina
Date: February 20th - 24th
Time: 9:00 to 5:00 Daily
Tour Prices: Adults $5, Seniors $4, Children $3; 4 and under free.

Click here for more info, or visit the Nina Website at The Niña & Santa Clara - The Columbus Foundation.

I toured this ship a few years ago and I can reccomend it to anyone of any age to go and take their kids. It's educational about what our forefathers had to go through to find the new world.

It's also kinda humbling considering how small this ship is for such a long ocean voyage..... it'll make you think hard about it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely gonna make the time to take the tour this coming weekend!

I had the chance to crew on her from Vallejo, CA down to SoCal. An incredible experience, you need to go see her.

Theb Jamestown Settlement in Williamsburg, VA has replica ships that John Smith and company had sailed to settle in the New World. Mike S is absolutely right it is a humbling experience knowing the cramped quarters and not much privacy. Those that made the voyage on the smaller ships had to share quarters with the animals. We thoroughly enjoyed the Williamsburg area that we'll visit the Nina.

Back
Top Bottom