Best deal on cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miamidiver

Reaction score
I would like to get into underwater photography. I was wondering where would be the best place to find deals on equipment. I am looking for good to profesional equipment.

A lot more details will be needed before any specific advice on which bits and pieces you might want to consider, but for prices you'll need to do some shopping around.

PriceGrabber.com - Comparison Shopping Beyond Compare is a good resource.

B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders is a very reputable dealer with an excellent range, competitive prices and good service.

Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros is the perfect place to shop for all of your underwater needs. They will make sure you know your options and that all of your bits work together. They are great at answering questions, know their stuff inside and out and have competitive prices.

"Professional" and "good" equipment is a pretty broad ask - once you narrow it down to type and system we can help more with the finer details.

Please also have a look through the Sticky at the top of the uw section for lots of information, ideas and discussions on various rigs and things to consider. You can also get there via the Pink Link in my signature.

Welcome to the money pit :D

Thank you alcina. I will visit all three and look at all the options and prices. I have heard of B&H but not of Reef Photo & Video. I appreciate it very much. I also looked into the link you sent me (the pink one). It was very informative and helped me alot. I think that I am leaning towards an SLR. It just has so many options to grow with. I really enjoy taking underwater photos. Thank you again.

I would suggest that you check on ebay. I agree that your definition is very broad. A lot depends on how much you can spend. I have used Sea&Sea cameras for several years and I've noticed that a lot of people have upgraded their cameras and are now selling their 8000G camera systems on ebay. I owned this system and it takes excellent pictures (click on my "view gallery" link and see some pics that I took in Fiji with this camera). I now own the DX-1g and am very happy with that camea. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions at jamescrew6@verizon.net.

Regards,

Bill

If you are looking for quality professional equipment and knowledgeable staff to support it, then anyone of the major Underwater Imaging Retails would be ideal for you. All of us live and breathe this stuff on a daily basis and are truly able to help educate you and guide you in a direction that best suits your needs.

H2O Photo Pros
Backscatter
Reef Photo
Marine Visions

Check out:
dpreview.com
at this site you can find every digital camera, and plenty of sites with competitve prices.

If you are looking for quality professional equipment and knowledgeable staff to support it, then anyone of the major Underwater Imaging Retails would be ideal for you. All of us live and breathe this stuff on a daily basis and are truly able to help educate you and guide you in a direction that best suits your needs.

H2O Photo Pros
Backscatter
Reef Photo
Marine Visions

Yes, I would also give H2O Photo Pros two thumbs up as well. I haven't purchased from them yet, but Mike was kind enough to put me on the waiting list for a D3 when they got released recently.

I would like to thank you all for your comments. My brother has a d200 so I guess that the easy thing would be to buy the housing and use his camera. Ultimately I would like to buy my own equipment and I really enjoy using his camera. I most likely will buy the housing, arms and the strobes to go with his camera. Will save me some money on the camera at first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom