Aeris Atmos 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtykris

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a oceanic pro plus that I am very happy with, I have a chance to purchase the aeris wrist computer for under $100 for a backup. I am assuming this is a discontinued model.

Any comments on if this is a good buy or not?

Thanks

David

I should add that the seller is in the dive club at my lds - I am not sure if this is good or bad! The lds owner told me for recreational diving he would not recommend , but hey its $100

David

I owned one and it isn't a bad computer at all. For $100 I would go for it.

I have one.Works great.

I dont understand the comment about it not being suitable for recreational diving.

Aeris computers are pretty aggressive,surfacing with it in the yellow is not a great idea IMHO

My 5 year old Atmos 1 wrist computer has been my back-up computer for the three years since I purchased the Atmos 2 computer (needed nitrox compatible computer.)

It works very well and has saved a few of my dives and several for dive buddies with me. You never know when a batt will go bad, and the replacement batt in the spares kit could also be dead.

Only functions I miss on the Atmos 1:
  1. Atmos 1 can't be set to gauge mode. So I can't do repetitive dives with any gas except air. If I dive nitrox I have the choice of diving an air NDL profile, or locking out the computer if I dive a safe profile on nitrox that leaves the computer with an unsatisfied deco obligation. As I said, it's been great for saving a dive that I would have perhaps missed. I can dive without a "Computer", but I do need a depth and bottom timer.
  2. Atmos 1 doesn't show temperature.
  3. Atmos 1 is an "Air" computer only.
Many people find the Sony batteries work best for these computers.

~~~
Claudette

1. Atmos 1 can't be set to gauge mode. So I can't do repetitive dives with any gas except air. If I dive nitrox I have the choice of diving an air NDL profile, or locking out the computer if I dive a safe profile on nitrox that leaves the computer with an unsatisfied deco obligation. As I said, it's been great for saving a dive that I would have perhaps missed. I can dive without a "Computer", but I do need a depth and bottom timer.
    ~~~
    Claudette

1. I have an Atmos Pro. It goes into gauge mode when I bend it.

Maybe the Atmos 1 does the same thing? If so it can be used for repetitive nitrox dives.

I have an Atmos Pro. It goes into gauge mode when I bend it.

Maybe the Atmos 1 does the same thing? If so it can be used for repetitive nitrox dives.
That, my friend, is a stupiffany. I can't believe I was stupid enough to not think of this. :14:

I'll try this on the next day of multiple nitrox dives and find out. It should work.

I can't believe I didn't think of this! :shakehead: Thanks!

I have an Atmos Pro. It goes into gauge mode when I bend it.

YES! Mission accomplished. It works exactly as you said.

On the first dive on nitrox it assigned deco, which I did not need for a safe profile on nitrox... so it went into violation mode.
On the second dive it displayed only depth and elapsed time.
Perfect!

The max depth and elapsed time was retrievable later in log mode.

Thanks again for the breakthrough nudge.

~~~~
Claudette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom