Ningaloo - different dives, different photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Thursday afternoon the wind calmed down (we're dodging cyclones) and we scrambled to get a bunch of people together for a dive. It was just friends out and we explored a new area and two different new sites. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Not your usual dives - muck diving with boulder sized floaties, but the marine life is stunning. Makes taking photos extremely difficult, but I love diving in Exmouth Gulf despite the dirt - actually, because of it...it creates a very fertile ecosystem! Huge coral trees, enormous barrel sponges, sea whips, soft corals and every type of fish, nudi and critter you can imagine. Can't wait to head out again.

This FAT sea snake came straight at me, finally bumping his nose into my port. I took two frames - this one and the one right after he bumped his nose...that second frame is a cloud of debris that he stirred up when he bounced off the port into the mud...it's so fine that the slightest movement or touch silts you out completely! Needless to say, that frame is ruined!

Enough chatter - how about a photo. Something different from me.

seasnakegrit.jpg

Nice pic! Is there an outfit that takes you out diving there? How would one go about planning such a trip from Perth?

Very nice shot. No thanks on the snake tho, if I saw that I'd be freaked out.

LOL I thought the snake deserved some gritty processing :wink:

Here's some colour from dive two
redcrab.jpg

And a good reminder to always look before you touch down - this guy was right where I was about to plant a knee to steady myself in the ripping current:

Wobbie shark face
wobbieface.jpg

Canon 40D, Canon 60mm macro, Subal housing & port, Inon 240 + 220s strobes

Very nice!

Great shots!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom