Horseshoe Reef Lake Worth, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmatt

Registered
Reaction score
Horseshoe Reef in Lake Worth FL.

I had the same coordinates that a few web sites have for this dive site in lake Worth. I don't remember where I got them (maybe one of McAllister's books). I believe they are incorrect. I have tried to find this site with these coordinates and it did not pan out.

What's on some websites:
N 26° 36.440'
W 080° 00.520'
This spot is south of the pier and East about 1.6 miles from shore(yeah much deeper).

I believe the correct coordinates are:
N 26° 37.552'
W 080° 01.373'

Can anyone else verify? I have not tried the new coordinates.

Thanks,
gmatt

I don't know about the grid...

But, if you find the right reef, you'll find golfballs.

I always bring back a pocket-full when I dive Horseshoe... not sure where they come from...

Things that make ya go hmmmmm.

There is a golf course on the beach north west of this reef (you can see it from local.live.com). But that's about 1400 Yards! away!!!!! Whoa! What a Tee shot!

Gmatt

The golf course is on the beach. The water at the beach is 1 foot deep. The water at the reef 65 feet deep. Currents on the bottom (from the waves at the beach) go out to sea. The golfballs are probably just rolling slowly down hill until they reach something that stopes them (like a reef). Just a guess.

after each of the past hurricane's years back the area of reef in mention seemed to have golf balls every were-after asking the locals they say they are flushed out the intercostal from the golf course makes sense?

after each of the past hurricane's years back the area of reef in mention seemed to have golf balls every were-after asking the locals they say they are flushed out the intercostal from the golf course makes sense?

I think that sounds fairly reasonable... I'll stick with that story...

Thanks, Scott.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom