Dive Shops in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Esox69LB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Booked a trip last night for May. I want to do a Cenote "Trust Me" dive (only live once!) and some reef dives. Any recomendations, good or bad from recent trips?

Hi, I repost what I posted a few weeks ago.

rk1

Status
stars-1-5.gif

Profile InfoJoin Date: Jul 2007

StatsPosts: 41

I just got back from there last week.
Don't hesitate to go, it was just fantastic. Max distance to an air exit is 150ft.
Dos Ojos and Bat Cave Cenote Cavern Dives at Hidden Worlds Yucatan Mexico Riviera Maya

"Info from site: Floating through this dreamland of natural formations in crystal clear water, you can feel the ancient and timeless forces of nature that carved the cavern. With a maximum depth of 30 feet (10 m) and never more than 150 feet (50 m) from air, there is 1,500 feet (500 m) of cavern to see without ever leaving the light zone making this a great first cavern tour for the new diver.

I dove with Klaus from Playa Scuba Dive Center * Centro de Buceo * Tauchbase - Playa del Carmen, Mexico and yes I am highly recomending them as they were just fantastic and their pricing is hard to beat also.This is a small dive shop out of Playa del Carmen. And they take a maximum of four divers out at a time and actually make a day trip out of it for no extra charge. I paid $85 for the diving and transportation including the loan of a light plus $10admission to the Cenote Park. We even stop for Tacos at Klaus's favorite place then go to visit the jungle air fill station then off for dives in the Cenote's (we were three when I went). All I can say is that it was just Fantastic and so was the little dive shop. Find some of my pictures linked below:

http://cenotemexico.shutterfly.com/action/
Last edited by rk1 : February 9th, 2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: bad link to pics.

Dennis Weeks, who posts as Pez de Diablo on this board, enjoys an excellent reputation as a safe and excellent guide for the cenotes. He is also associated with the Aquanauts shop for reef diving. Contact by e-mail can be spotty, but PMing Dennis on SB usually gets through.

Good place for info on Mexico: ScubaBoard - Mexico

Back
Top Bottom