Aeris Atmos LX BCD problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhunteriii

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Aeris Atmos BCD back plate broke where it attaches to top bolt that connects to the rest of unit while I was in Bonaire this past week. Thankfully it happened on my last dive of the trip. My question is what can I do to get a new backplate? I just got back today so I have not yet taken it to the dealer where I bought it. It looks like something that I could repair myself with a new back plate. Is it possible to order one? I have had it for about 3 years if that helps. Thanks

By all means take it back to the dealer. Aeris is very good about fixing their equipment even when out of warranty-assuming that you bought it from a retailer who was an authorized dealer. If not, you may be on your own.

I owned a XT model, quite similar to your new model and Aeris was willing to fix a couple problems I had at no cost, even though the warranty had expired.

Good luck. It's a good starter BC.

My Aeris Atmos BCD back plate broke where it attaches to top bolt that connects to the rest of unit while I was in Bonaire this past week. Thankfully it happened on my last dive of the trip. My question is what can I do to get a new backplate? I just got back today so I have not yet taken it to the dealer where I bought it. It looks like something that I could repair myself with a new back plate. Is it possible to order one? I have had it for about 3 years if that helps. Thanks

I would check again to make sure that you don't have the ATMOS XT.

I think the LX has only been available for a little over a year.

Thanks I called the number and the tech was very helpful. It looks like my best bet is to take it in to the dealer who I bought it from. I will get there this weekend.

Was this problem resolved? I am considering a complete Aeris package, but have concerns over the somewhat short warranty period provided by the manufacturer. Will Aeris stand behind their product even after the warranty period had expired? I will add that I will be buying this from my LDS who is an authorized AERIS dealer, and who will also do all of the service work. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Back
Top Bottom