Clarks Hill / Lake Thurmond 2/17/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschulte

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Two of us dove Sunday. After watching two visiting divers in 3mm suits :confused: attempt to find the plane, we entered the water and descended to the 3 Big Rocks; good amount of small fish living around them now. We continued north and cut over to the 80’ wall and followed it to the end, catching the lower part of the trench. We went down the trench to the 100’ wall; after following it for a while we cut up to the giant stump and then turned back south passing the buoy anchors and catching the 60’ ledge. We ended the dive with the plane/boat safety stop, looking for the frozen bodies of the 3mm divers :D, no luck. We exited the water after 51 minutes, 3mm guys were up in the parking lot after about 12 minutes. Temperature at the surface was 49 and at depth 47, looks like the thremocline is back!
:monkeydan

Awesome thanks for the report. As soon as it gets warm enough for my 3mm I'll be there!

Awesome thanks for the report. As soon as it gets warm enough for my 3mm I'll be there!

If you are planning on going deep - that will be about July or August. I suggest a 7mm jumpsuit for the local stuff. We dive 7mm with hood and gloves year round. Yeah you can dive deep for a few in the middle of the summer with a 3mm, but you will miss much. You will miss many interesting marine life events b/w now and then. A 7mm jumpsuit will greatly expand your diving window and diving experience.

Glad y'all had a good dive. I'll be back next weekend. How was the vis?

Less than last weekend, the weather the day before (wind) kicked up a bit of silt. Still we did not need the lights until about 80'. Had about 12' vis on the plane and 4-6' from 40' to 60', then it went to about 10'.
:monkeydan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom