Troys Springs, and St.Andrews Pics and report.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The wife and I spent a few days at St.Andrews Park a couple of weeks ago, and on Saturday we did a day trip to Troy Springs.

St.Andrews Park is beautiful, and the dive was a lot of fun. I didn't get any decent underwater shots as the viz wasn't the best (10-15 feet Saturday, and 15-20 on Sunday). Well except for one exception. See below. Water temp was a brisk 59-60F.

Here are a few pics...

The beach at PCB.

view.jpg

Discovery Channel up close and too personal.:wink:

horseshoecrabs.jpg

We decided not to dive Gator Pond. Wonder why???

gatorpond.jpg

Saturday we headed to Troy Springs, and had way too much fun.

Water temp was 70-71 degrees. Viz was 75 feet plus!

Tara looking up at me.

troy1.jpg

That's my better half.

troy2.jpg

The Abyss...

troy3.jpg

75 feet to the bottom.

troy4.jpg

Loads of beautiful fish near the river.

troy5.jpg

The remnants of a Civil War Ship from Virginia of all places.

troy6.jpg

Looks like some very nice diving.
Do people laugh at you with Jets and a snorkle? :wink::wink::wink:

Great report!

Nice catch on the horseshoe crabs - LOL!

I enjoy Troy Springs as well, really dig that you can dive a historical wreck(Madison) while enjoying all the typical spring shinanigans as well. Much of last year, the water levels were too low to swim out ot the Madison - you had to walk to it. Glad the water levels are higher nowadays!

Last Memorial Day we walked out to the wreck. No fish in the main basin either. Good to see some water back in the spring. Thanks for the post.

Wow, where is Troy Springs, and why haven't I dove there?

Great report and pics, thanks for sharing!

ShagMan - Troy is further East into FL, kinda where the FL panhandle meets with America's wang(FL Peninsula). Right there in that armpit lies springs such as Troy, Little River, Peacock, Royal, Itchtefuncktlea;lkjaddeee, ect.

We had a blast at Troy. Also we met some really kewl people.

There was a guy free diving to the bottom which was great to watch (it amazement).

Paul who works at the park gave us the 411 before we dove so we were able to have a dive plan beforehand.

Too much fun!

We will be back often!!!:D

Thanks for the report! I was wondering what kind of condition the site was in. We should be there March 24 if all goes well with our trip. I'd love to meet more SB members!
Ber :lilbunny:

How was the water level? We were there back in August and it was way down.. The steps to the right at the bottom had about 3 feet from the ledge to the top of the water..
Wasn't one of the better dive sites, IMHO. But it's on my "Been There, Done That" list. :D
Great pics, though!!!!

Back
Top Bottom