Prattville Tornado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I looked at a high resolution aerial picture presentation from the Civil Air Patrol today and the hairs on my neck stood on end. The business district and major residential areas of Prattville were hit by a tornado on Saturday afternoon. My friends in Millbrook tell of a virtual rain of roofing material on their homes. The Coroner of Tallapoosa County almost 60 miles away found correspondence from the hardest hit areas of Prattville in his front yard.

From the safety of my home in Montgomery I watched the channel 12 crew cover the mega thunderstorms that ravaged the state. First Selma, then Prattville, then on into Tallapoosa County, Chambers County and into Georgia. Mother Nature at her destructive best. She can be so wonderful one minute and such a bitch the next. From my yard I saw the wall cloud with its darkness to the north and selfishly thanked God that it passed me. The screaming sirens reminded me that all was not well nearby.

Tonight our thoughts, prayers, and offers for assistance go out to our Scuba Family in Prattville. I have contacted a number of them but it is difficult because of downed power and telephone lines and saturated cell phone towers.

God! Please let them be safe! Baubles can be replaced, our friends cannot!!!

We love you all!

Tommy

Back
Top Bottom