New 500 LED cannister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I note in Australia DR has released a 500 Lumen cannister light, can anyone advise when its expected to be released in the US?

There is some info and pictures on it posted in a light thread by almitywife under the heading "my Valentines pressie a new light...now what???"

It is available right now - $360 for the 500 lumen LED as a handheld and $475 for it as a canister (which can be converted back to a handheld in a couple of minutes). Your local DR dealer should have it in stock.

Jackie

It is available right now - $360 for the 500 lumen LED as a handheld and $475 for it as a canister (which can be converted back to a handheld in a couple of minutes). Your local DR dealer should have it in stock.

Jackie

No this is not the one I am talking about I actually own this one, if you check out the thread i madereference too you will see what Im talking about.:wink:

Hi Kathleen,

You are mistaken Im afraid, please check out the thread I make reference to in my OP and look at the photos it is not the one currently on your website hence my reference to ASustralia only..., the light is a real cannister LED not the corded one you speak of and I already own.

I look forward to hearing from again after you have checked it out.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry into the new LED 500 Flashlight. Here is more information, if that helps. SCUBA Diving Equipment and gear for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - LED 500 Flashlight These lights launched world wide mid-Dec/early January.

Any authorized Dive Rite dealer should have them.Dealers

Best,
Kathleen

You are mistaken please read my post above and my original post again...thanks

Here you go ... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lights/220962-my-valentine-day-pressie-new-light-now-what.html ..this looks like a true cannister light

I does look different than the one from your site .. SCUBA Diving Equipment and gear for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - LED 500 Corded Flashlight ... this is a "corded" adaptation of the hand held light

BINGO:) I own the one handheld LED 500 on the DR website with the added "cansiter" and the one on that thread is most definately different. Thanks for posting the link to that thread Im a computer idiot...actually bit of an idiot all around:wink:

Sokay ... I too can "let the smoke out" with the best of them :wink: :D

That is not a product Dive Rite sales. It is two different things, I believe they took the Corded LED head and put it on a canister from the HID canister lights. I am a DR dealer and we have not gotten any news about this so I think is was put together. Kathleen would know best she is the marketing director for Dive Rite.
Also are you sure you have the 500 LED they just came out in the last month, cause I got my 300 LED order at DEMA and got it in Late DEC and then this one came out.

Back
Top Bottom