What is your Favorite Dive site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharktrap79

Registered
Reaction score
My favorite dive site happens to be YDT 14. Excluding the Big "O" because that is hard to beat and I think that would be the # 1 spot for anyone that has been there. What is your Fav? Why if you want to include a reason?

John

Gotta pick just one? I like several, for different reasons.

The Oriskany is definately cool, but it wouldn't likely be my #1.

So far id say the YDT'S and the Chevron. YDT's cuz its kewl to see a ship sitting along the bottom that you can swim over , around and through. And the Chevron because of all the life thats around totally amazzzzing... The might "O" is up there but down the list aways.
Andreas

IF we are talking out of U.S. I vote Theos Wreck - Bahamas, Mary's Place -Roatan, Paradise - Salt Cay Turks, ANYWHERE in Belize!

In my (VERY) limited experience, it's the Whiskey, when the surge is OK... lots of wildlife and relief.
or
Morrisons/Cypress combo spring trips. I love diving in a spring/cavern where you can see fossilized stuff, dig around, check out the wildlife/etc.

Obviously Caymans or some non-local site would be better (see my avatar), but I am not counting those, wouldn't really be fair!!

I'd have to say Morrison's. Of course, I'm pretty limited in where I've been and haven't gotten to do salt water at all yet.

My favorite easy entry complex dive... Jackson Blue Springs

My favorite cave dive? Ebro Blue Spring or maybe the Wakulla system(its awesome dipping in and out of those rarely dove sinkholes)

My favorite dive for life? St. Andrews Jetties? Alabama Point Jetties?

My favorite consistantly great conditions dive? Destin Jetties, although it didn't pay off last time - LOL!

My favorite cavern? Morrison

My favorite suprise dive? Whiskey! LOL Never know if it'll be covered, uncovered, full of life, completely void of life, have 50' visibility, have temper vis, ect.

Getting the most out of a single tank? Whiskey, can't beat two hours from a single AL80 on one site!

The Oriskany is probably my favorite artificial offshore reef dive to date, albeit I haven't been to some of the other good ones available in the area.

Back
Top Bottom