looking to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blake

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i am looking to buy a underwater digital camera, i'm just starting out so i'm looking for a camera that is easy to use and easy on the wallet, would like a camera capable of video as well, any suggestions?

I have a Vivitar 6200W I was going to use, but decided to get a housing instead.
It's brand new in the box. Look it up on the web and let me know if you're interested. It fits your specs perfectly. This is tentative though, as I have the housing cam in the mail right now, and if it's not shipped before I leave on my trip I may NEED to use the Vivitar instead. I'm expecting the other cam today or tomorrow though, and then the Vivitar is up for sale.

Thanks!
Jeff
(no sales feedback here, but perfect at the big auction site)

Canon makes several affordable cameras with available housings. Powershot A570 IS would be an excellent start.

has anyone heard of an Intova 6.0mp? it comes with the housing, just wondering if it is any good?

Yes, we have the Intova's and Ive played with them. Its a nice little camera for a snorkeler or someone looking for the absolutely most basic point & shoot. If you are looking for a camera and you are an avid diver, I would definitely recommend something more along the lines of a Canon, Nikon or OLympus camera in a housing, or a Sea & Sea or Sealife point and shoot which are made for underwater use.

Hi Blake:

I have had great results with a Casio EX-Z1200 with an underwater housing (EWC-100). It is an inexpensive point and shoot you can use out of the water, and the video works quite well.

My other rig is a high end Nikon DSLR/Subal Housing/Ikelite strobes, but I frequently also take the Casio along on photo shoots for a quick video or tight shot in a recess where the big rig won't fit.

Good Luck!

Dan

but the intova says it's good to like 180 ft

Some people can hold their breath for a long time.......:D...Seriously, do an above seach on Canon's A570Is & A720IS........Also, find a post of alcina's & look @ her sig links...my below pics(except for the 2 from Roatan) were taken with a A570 & Canon housing that you can get for under $300 total......

I have a NIKON 5100 but with an underwater casing. I have never used it underwater though. On surface it is capable of taking some breath taking shots as it is 12.1 Megapixels

I have an Olympus 5060 rig for sale. It includes two cameras, one for the housing and one for spare/topside pics and an Ikelite housing. It is a camera capable of advanced work, like full manual and RAW shooting. The rig includes a Pelican rolling carry-on (1510) and lots of extras. It is a little pricier than the tiny cameras, but you won't outgrow it as quickly. Let me know if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom