5mm+ wetsuit rental in Jupiter or West Palm Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csky217

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone!

Does anyone know of a dive shop in the Jupiter or West Palm Beach area that rents wetsuits thicker than 3 mm? I'm traveling from the Midwest so need to rent. I called several shops in both areas but couldn't find anyone who rents anything warmer than a 3mm. (FillExpress in Pompano Beach does have 5mm but they're 60 miles away.)

What can I say, I get cold easily.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

There is a force e dive shop right off of blue heron bridge. I have no idea if they rent them, but good luck. Water temp looks to be around 75 degrees right now, so maybe a full 3mm and hooded vest would work? that would get you in the 5-6mm range for your core. I just dove a spring with a 4/3 and 2mm hooded vest at 75degrees for over an hour and didnt get chilled. I usually start getting cold in that same setup in 72 degree water after about 40 minutes. Good luck, have fun!

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately I don't have any extra layers, looks like I will wing it and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Turns out that Fill Express in Pompano Beach actually has 3 mm two piece (farmer john+jacket) for rent.

Just in case any other out of towners were wondering:

- I couldn't find any place that rents anything thicker than a 3mm.
- Went with Jupiter Dive Center which had a 3/2 full which was quite warm (with a 1 mm hood) even though bottom temps were 72.
- Weakening my argument that Northerners are just used to cold water, my buddy had a dry suit and was cold.

Thanks again for the advice!

I use a seaquest 3-5-3 all winter. There have been a couple of dives that I wished I had more, but it was bearable. I hit a thermocline last June that was 58 and that was crazy cold, but also a freak event.

You might try asking Shana at Pura Vida divers. I don't know what they carry, but they're very nice people. Enjoy the diving I think its great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom