Cavern course March 14-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Come join us for a Cavern course on March 14 at Vortex Spring and March 15 at Jackson Blue Spring. Cost $250!

On Friday, March 14, we'll meet at Vortex Spring at 8am to begin the course.
Much of the morning will be spent working on the classroom session of the course followed by dry reel work. We'll do a couple of dives in the afternoon where we put those reel skills to practice.

On Saturday, March 15, we'll meet at the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at 8am to sign into Jackson Blue. We'll then head over to Jackson Blue to continue the course. We'll spend some more time on the classroom session that morning and complete a couple of dives in the Jackson Blue Spring cavern, one of the most beautiful caverns you'll ever experience. The course will end with a final exam.

All students are required to have a long hose regulator for our course. Reels are required for cavern diving, but we have a few different reels you can try before you make your own purchase.

You will need to purchase the NSS-CDS Cavern Diving manual prior to class. Dive site entry fees and air fills not included in the course fee.

PM, e-mail at dive@chipoladivers.com, or call 850-594-7991/850-272-7484 with any questions or to book a course. We keep our courses small, so book now.

Hope to see you there!

I talked with Rob, and i'm 99% sure I got my gear ready and/or ordered, so I will definitely be making this class.

Looking forward to it!

Hell yeah, Rob, recruit me some more dive buddies! :D

Looking forward to it! Im getting into the pool this week to get my new gear trimmed out to my liking.

Josh - if your interested im going to try and get some dives in earlier in the week at the jetties or something to get some open water time in my new backplate. Monday is looking like the best day tide wise for the jetties.

Got my book in the mail today, ill get it read before I head out that way.

I'm hitting the Destin jetties this tomorrow (Sunday), and taking a charter two saturdays from now (3/8). I'm off work from March 3rd to March 7th tho, which is the week you're talking about, so I might be up for it!

Wish I could! I would TOTALLY jump on this deal, but I have family in town that weekend!

There will always be future classes. The way we work things is we schedule a class with someone and put the dates out for others to join if they are interested. Rarely do we preschedule a class unless we already have someone booked for it. If you're interested in a future date, let me know and we'll work something out.

I'm sorely tempted pending work etc.

Hoping to polish up a couple of skills this weekend (valve drills, air sharing, abandon/recover stage). If I feel I'm ready for it, are doubles and dry suit appropriate gear or is it best done in a single? If so, is an H valve a requirement?

I'm sorely tempted pending work etc.

Hoping to polish up a couple of skills this weekend (valve drills, air sharing, abandon/recover stage). If I feel I'm ready for it, are doubles and dry suit appropriate gear or is it best done in a single? If so, is an H valve a requirement?

You should be fine. Cavern is mostly about trim, bouyance and running lines. Your trim and bouyance are fine. You want have to do any valve drills, or stage stuff.

You should be fine. Cavern is mostly about trim, bouyance and running lines. Your trim and bouyance are fine. You want have to do any valve drills, or stage stuff.

yes, sure I understand that. What I don't want to do is be trying to take on too much learning at once.:D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom