alahambra conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I tried. I got thee today and the barge was sitting straight out from the culvert pipes and the winds had picked up. there was also a ripping South to North current going. A couple of other divers showed while I was there an also decided to try another day.

I am off every other Friday if you normally go on fridays. We could meet up next time if you wanted to. 10-08

Well I tried. I got thee today and the barge was sitting straight out from the culvert pipes and the winds had picked up. there was also a ripping South to North current going. A couple of other divers showed while I was there an also decided to try another day.

This will make toothing interesting. Hmm should make the tooth count on the beach go to zero and the small tooth beds will be covered up! Venice City Council....... morons in action!

i had heard that the barge was putting down concrete blocks as an artificial reef type of thing (and to protect try to the beach) - wonder if it will really screw up the shore dive toothing or will leave it much as it is now ...?

It's supposed to be excavated limestone from down here in Immokalee most of which is from the building of the Ave Maria Catholic Univsersity. Regardless, they are trying to recreate the reef they covered up in part with the last beach renourishment which seems to have been reviving itself and actually showing back up without the need of artificial assistance.

This ranks up there with the lip around Lake Okeechobee and straightening of the rivers.

I watched the barge for about 15 minutes. They were laying the blocks approximately 50 feet west of the sand bar, in what was probably 10-15 foot of water. each block was about 6 feet long and 3 foot tall. that will be a pain running into those in low viz. People need to realize when they live on the beach its not permanent. they are basically renting the property because the gulf will reclaim it. Venice is just stealing from the working man to replenish the beaches for the ones who pay millions for beachfront property.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom