Martha's open 15 March through ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Britt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
After a call from Fred, I told him I would post this for the area divers to see.

Martha's is going to be open for the season beginning on the 15th of March.

If you need admission tickets, let us know. $20 in advance or $30 at the gate.

After a call from Fred, I told him I would post this for the area divers to see.

Martha's is going to be open for the season beginning on the 15th of March.

If you need admission tickets, let us know. $20 in advance or $30 at the gate.

Gotta ask what's Martha's.:confused:

Gotta ask what's Martha's.:confused:

Big a**ed quarry outside of Nashville, Tn. Still has the rock crusher, shaker, conveyor under the water, plus bus, van, boat, and an abundance of "friendly" fish.

Whats the water temps ?
Anybody dove it wet in March ?

I'm antsy to get back underwater but i'm a bit of a wuss !:wink:

Whats the water temps ?
Anybody dove it wet in March ?

I'm antsy to get back underwater but i'm a bit of a wuss !:wink:

Fred mentioned that he thought the water temp is around 50-52 degrees but don't quote him on that. Its still dry suit or a few 2 liter bottles of hot water to pour into your wet suit temperature. :water:

I do agree with Fred that this dive season will come a little earlier than the last.

My first post on this board. Hope I'm doing it correct. I'm Fred, owner of Marthas Quarry. The Water temp. I can not make a forecast about. but some years in past I dove the quarry every weekend all winter wet, with randall Weaver. We both wore 7 mil one piece with hooded vest. We did not get too cold and made repetitive dives. the temp that concerned us the most was air temp. If you are to cold in the water and get, you should have a good plan if air temp is a problem. Marthas will also have camping this year after the weather warms up. I will do an email later after i know all the particulars on this.
if you want to be on my email list, email me saigonfred@marthasquarry.com

Oh, goodie! I can hardly wait to get back up to Martha's, as this time I should be able to bring my own buddy. I finally got one converted to the Dry Side, so all the cold buddy-requiring sites are now on my sonar. :D

Welcome to the board Fred !

Welcome Fred!!! Now it's super easy to get all the good Martha's info. I'd be willing to deal with a little chill on the 15th just to get wet again!

Back
Top Bottom