Lake Tuscaloosa Graveyard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noladiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was talking to a commercial diver the other day who has been working Lake Tuscaloosa for the past 15 years. I asked him if he knew where the sunken bridge was he replied with a "hell yeah". He also claimed that there is a old graveyard in about 60ft of water with about 15 head stones just off a prominent point. Long story short hopefully we can all get a new dive site or two out of this. Ill post about it when we make the dive.

I used to work at the Blue Heron we got to dive the Lake almost every shift. Sometimes the viz can get up to 10ft but no promises. Its deff. a limited viz dive but for us locals this means 2 regular dive sites in the lake aside from diving the marina.

An underwater graveyard sounds so cool. I'd love to go check it out!

Even if the visibility sucks, you really can't beat diving in your own backyard...

An underwater graveyard sounds so cool. I'd love to go check it out!

Even if the visibility sucks, you really can't beat diving in your own backyard...

you should check out the graveyard in Lake Joccasee. Its the one from the end of the movie "Deliverance". Cool dive!

Haven't gotten to that one yet. I have herd plenty about it though.

Nola,

I would be interested in how it goes when you find it. i grew up in Tuscaloosa and was always on the lake but never a scuba diver. i still come up from time to time to see some old friends. i would be interested in diving with you guys some weekend. In fact if your ever in the lake martin area we can take you out to some of our lake sites.

aqua that sounds awesome I will absolutely post when this dive is made. I will be glad to come dive Lake Martin. Now if the water temps would just come up a little.

Hey Man,

Let me know when you get ready to dive this site. It was cool diving with ya at ABWA yesterday.We will have to do it again sometime

Yeah you got it, did you ever get the pictures from your camera?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom