Diving in Sosua, DR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whiteshark

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Sosua the second week of March. Any information on dive sites, shops and/or what I can expect would be greatly appreciated. I am experienced but will be with someone who has just gotten certified. Thanks.

I dove Sosua 3 years ago with Northen Coast Divers (www.northerncoastdiving.com). As far as I'm concerned, they had the best shop around, with a fresh water rinsing tank, shower and a place to store gear at night.

Most dives take place in Sosua Bay and are not very deep. Only the airport Wall and the Zingara wreck are/can go below 100 feet.

The diving there is better than nothing, but not spectacular... if you get the chance, enquire about a one-day trip to DuDu caves, a fresh-water quarry that leads to two shallow UW caves. If you innexperienced friend is confortable with night diving and had good buoyency, he/she will surely enjoy that outing.

take the trip to Rio San Juan - diving around sosua is OK but out at Rio San Juan its unbelievable!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom