Nashville Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiquidAstronaut

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Live in Tampa moving to Nashville and I am freaking out about not being able to dive. Where can you dive in close proximity to Nashville?

Well, its not Tampa, but there is a quarry over in Lebannon (20-30 minutes East of Downtown Nashville). Its a pretty nice quarry called Martha's. Has a couple of houses suck in it, as well as a Bus and other random stuff.

Outside of Martha's, there is a quarry in Pelham (outside of Birmingham, probably about 3 hours or so from Nashville). Its another pretty nice one with a ton of stuff sunk in it. There are a couple of others in Kentucky, but I have yet to visit those. The closest Ocean is going to be Gulf Shores AL area, which is a pretty good drive (I'd guess about 8 hours or so from Nashville). Its definately not Tampa, but there is diving that can be done!

it's really limited. You can also dive the Caney Fork river to the east. Center Hill lake can be dove but viz usually sucks. Dale Hollow lake is better. There's a quarry near Huntsville, but it closed and I don't know if it has reopened to divers yet or not.

Only about an hour & a half away form Nashville is Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs quarry in Hopkinsville, KY (on the southern KY boarder). Decent quarry with depths to 120ft (beware though, the water temperatures are about 40- 45 degrees year round below 55ft :11:). Full service dive shop (repairs, rentals, air & Nitrox) on site & lots of attractions in the water.

So what brings you to Nashville ?
Let us know when you get all settled in !

Yay, I'm trying to talk my wife to either move to Nashville (Her two best friends live there) or somewhere in Florida or Lower Alabama. :wink: We went two years ago to Nashville and looked at several houses in Franklin. Maybe soon! :)

Yay, I'm trying to talk my wife to either move to Nashville (Her two best friends live there) or somewhere in Florida or Lower Alabama. :wink: We went two years ago to Nashville and looked at several houses in Franklin. Maybe soon! :)

For the type work you're in.... Huntsville might be a good option for you also.

Thanks for all the information. Looks as though I will be doing some state hopping to get my thrills. Check out our website scubathrill. We dive cave, cavern, sinkhole and OW in the Gulf. We have new underwater video of 150 ft. sinkhole plus interview with legendary cave diver Paul Heinreth. If having trouble with video, let it completely render then play. Thanks again for all your help.

I live in Nashville and dive quite frequently. Send me a PM if you want to meet up at a local mudhole.

Mike

Well Looks Like I Will Be Following You . I Am Leaving On The 3rd Of June To Murfresboro Or Smyrna Area . I Will Be Working In The Nashville Area . Matter Of Fact I Am Leaving This Sat The 29th , For A Week To Locate Place To Live And Have Several Job Interveiws Lined Up .

Back
Top Bottom