CHEAP Raja Ampat cruise - $1000 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefnet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

Anyone interested in doing a liveaboard in Indonesia this April? Raja Ampat perhaps? If so, you might want to consider what I have to offer, if you'd like to save $1000+.

In the Underwater Images photo contest last year, I won a 10-day dive cruise in Rajah Ampat aboard the SMY Ondina, which I've booked for the April 17 (2008) departure from Sorong. The prize consists of one space for free and a second space at a reduced price. I would use the reduced space if my dive buddy could make it, but he's unavailable at the time, so I'm offering his space to one lucky diver. The regular price for spots on this cruise is $3337 USD (there are only a few spots left), but with the discount I'm asking $2300 USD for it (you'll be saving over $1000 here, and I'll book it for you).

I have no affiliation with the SMY Ondina liveaboard, and I'm not making a commission from this.

If you are interested, or have any questions, send me an email: keri@reefnet.ca

Keri

Here is an excerpt from their website regarding the cruise:

Sorong - Rajah Empat Archipelago – Sorong

The Rajah Empat archipelago.......it owns the worldwide record of the greatest number of different species found in one single dive. What else do we need to say?.......ok, just add the most pristine and colourfull coral gardens, outstanding landscapes, primitive fishing villages and of course, Paradise Birds !

The west tip of the greater island of the world, New Guinea, politically divided in two halves: the independent country of Papua New Guinea (PNG) in its more eastern half, and the province where Indonesia ends towards the east, now called Papua and previously known as Irian Jaya.

This really is the last frontier for adventure. Exploratory diving together with one of the really few remaining wild regions on this planet. Leaving from the port of Sorong, in the "Bird' s head peninsula", we will travel through the archipelago of the Four Rajas (Rajah Empat), among the island of Waigeo to the north and Misool to the south. The area where we will sail holds the record of the biggest number of different species counted in a single dive. National Geographic compares the species found here with the ones that can be seen in Palau. The reefs of Rajah Empat enjoy a healthy marine biodiversity with more than 400 species of coral having been discovered here. Besides the abundance of fauna, this region contains numerous wrecks of Japanese ships and aeroplanes from the terrible battles held during the Second World War in this area.
All the ingredients for a perfect adventure!

LAND EXCURSIONS: additionally to the traditional fish barbecue in the beach, in this route we will carry out a minimum of three land excursions visiting fishing villages, climbing steep hills to see some of the most magnificent landscpaes in the world and, of course, walk through the forest early in the morning to find the magnificent Paradise Birds. Any way, Pak Ambo, the captain of the SMY Ondina, worked during 5 years in this region as captain of another Pinisi Schooner and has a deep knowledge of the area.

Back
Top Bottom