Atmos AI problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beyond_Diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im having problems since yesterday exporting my dive data from my Atmos AI to my pc. I plug in the cable, open then program, set it to PC, starts the handshake and it times out... anybody have any ideas as to what may be causing this? any input would be greatly appreciated... if someone suggests taking it to the retailer, I can't.. I am living in mexico right now and the closest thing to an Aeris retailer is an Oceanic distributor...

Thanks!

Did you ever get past the error message? I'm having a similar problem and have loaded the drivers and software twice with no success. Device Manager recognizes the devices both in PORT and USB sections. The software gets to the "Handshake" and then fails with Time Out. Same issue you had?

I have found that all my time out issues are related to the extremely poor USB connection method Aeris uses. It has to be just right or it will time out. In fact, if you see the "Hand Shake" note, it will time out. Otherwise this step is so quick with a good connection you will see the download start.

It's a shame that with all the money these DC's cost that Aeris can't do a better job on the USB connections. I'm so agrevated with the new CompuMask, I'm thinking I will return it all together as it's nearly useless if your intent is to download to the computer.

Agreed on the handshake, if I see it, it's not going to work. I've had to uninstall the devices in the Port and USB sections of the device manager, uninstall the program from the Control Panel and re-install everything from the beginning. Seems strange as it had previously worked once before. None the less I now leave the USB cable connected in it's port and seems to help.

That's sad a mask that expensive and you can't get the software to work correctly. A case of a great idea, engineering great hardware that has to suffer because of bad software.

Here is what I have found works 90% of the time with my Atmos 2. Here are the steps I use.
1) open your dive log software
2) select the + (add new dive/dives)
3) select download from computer and select correct computer
4) When the new screen comes up it will say (USB device not found), plug in cable only now and from the pull down menu select (Test Connection), it should then find the cable and be ready.
5) Now plug in the computer and get to set 1 mode (both buttons for 2 seconds) and migrate to PC, it should start the count down
6) Now on the software select download, at this point it should handshake and start the download process
7) Another screen will come up after download is complete and ask for which dives you want to download, select the ones you want and download them.

This is the only way I have found that the download works most of the time, otherwise I get the handshake error as well.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom