Viewing photos, what do you prefer???

How do you prefer to see a large number of photos someone wants to share?

• To see photos from a trip/dive posted in “one” thread?

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • To see photos posted from a trip/dive in multiple threads?

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • One post with photos and a link to a gallery if you are interested in seeing more?

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Just a link to their gallery here or their own website?

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to see as many photos as possible. A lot of the divers like myself might have up to ten photos to post, so I prefer individual threads. Its also a lot easier to connect feedback with individual photos/photographers in individual threads.

Just label the thread topics clearly. People who don't want to see that many photos can avoid going to those threads. Bandwith isn't much of an issue anymore, though.

David

I like to see a few threads with a max of 5 pics each showing the "best of" from the trip and then maybe a link to "the rest". Like David I would like some feedback / comments or critique.
It's much easier for forum readers to do it this way than have to refer to a website.

I very rarely look at someones images if they have just provided a link.

a bit like Andy T: I like one thread with the "best of" pics and perhaps a link to a gallery with more. Only if there were some pics that the poster wanted comments/critique would i like to see a 2nd thread (e.g. how would you have done this better/how could the picture be improved by post processing etc.) - on those types of threads the number of photos should be limited to a max of 3 or 4 so detailed responses can be given (that would hopefully be of interest to lots of us !)

I like to see a few first, then the link to the rest of them. I'd really like it if the link had ALL the shots they took.....not just the ones they thought were good enough to upload. I want them ALL!

I like to see a few threads with a max of 5 pics each showing the "best of" from the trip and then maybe a link to "the rest". Like David I would like some feedback / comments or critique.
It's much easier for forum readers to do it this way than have to refer to a website.

I very rarely look at someones images if they have just provided a link.
Agree.

Yeah. What they said. Who needs to see 300 photos of fish butts?:rofl3:5 or so of the best and link to the gallery is great. Normally, maybe there are 20 or so keepers out of a couple of hundred.

It really depends on the photos, the trip and if the photos are up for comment or just for looking.

Most of the time I prefer multiple threads with a few images each - it's easier to read through and I don't feel like maybe I've missed some. When I'm looking at a thread with a dive report or trip report, 10-15 images is not too many. I'm viewing these are part of the report, not to nitpick each image. Different goal. Sometimes you just want to look at/share what you saw!

I hate linking. To a gallery is fine, I guess, but I rarely will link out - I just don't have the time. Show me what you want to share and don't be stingy with the images. Add then link to the rest of the gallery for those who are interested and if you have tons and tons of images.

If constructive criticism is wanted on the images, those images need their own thread and it would be really nice to have it marked as such. Images where people are looking for feedback should be clearly numbered and each thread limited to three images - more than that and there's too much information. Concentrate on fixing the problems and trying new things first.

If you only have an image or two that you want CC on and it's part of the main dive or trip report, I say make a clear note next to the image - that way ppl understand that you think there's something not quite right in your mind and you'd like some help.

Yes, I understand that every photo could be better :wink: , but concentrating the information works better.

The general "please tell me what I could do better" or "tell me what you think of the photos" is fine, but tends not to garner as much useful feedback. No one really knows how serious the poster is about getting critique or how detailed the poster wants. Better to have a dedicated thread. The few we've had offer some great and in-depth info.

Just my two cents.

Agree with Andy. Maybe one thread for each dive site or dive day, 4 or 5 pics. When more and more pics get added to the original thread then repeated in quotes I have trouble keeping track of the thread. I like links to web site or gallery, but sorry PennyPue, I don't want to see the hundred that go in the scrap pile. Also, I tend to shut down links when I have to sort between topside/buddy pics and UW. I always sort my own Photobucket into diving and topside groups, so people can just look at the UW stuff, and my dive buddies can find themselves in the topside pics.

It really depends onthe topic, but for the most part I agree with many of the others. About 5 well labeled pictures in a single post and maybe more in another post within the same thread or a different one (depending on the topic(s)) with links to a gallery of the rest.

One thing I dislike is having to scroll around in order to see a single picture. I like the pictures to be resized to say 640x480 or maybe 800X600 as a max (not all of us have wide screens yet).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom