Aeris XR2 battery change--need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Birdy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, I just purchased an XR2 3 gage computer console and am wondering if anyone has replaced the battery in their unit? Specifically can anyone tell me how they removed the computer from the rubber console housing. Mine fits so tight I'm afraid I'll break it before I even get a chance to use it. I want to figure out how to change the battery as I will be diving for several weeks on vacation and don't want the battery to poop out and not be able to replace it. Also, anyone know where I can get a battery kit with the battery and o-ring for the hatch? Aeris sells the for $23 which seems kind of steep for a 4 dollar battery and an o-ring. Any advice would be most apperciated. Tnx---Ted

Can't help about the console, mine is wrist mounted.

You should only need to change the O-ring if it is damaged or pinched. No need to buy the kit unless you need the spare O-ring (or the piece of mind in having it around) and a small tube of silicon grease.

Changing the battery is quick and easy. Once you get it into the compartment you have all the time in the world to grease the O-ring. The 8 seconds only applies to getting the battery between the contacts.

Edit: Here's Aeris' manual on analog instruments. Page 2 has the info you're looking for: http://www.diveaeris.com/PDF/12-7008-r04.pdf

Also wanted to suggest that since you will be diving for several weeks, you might want to get a spare battery in addition to the one you change out just in case you need it. Don't worry about the o-ring unless it's in bad shape. I have changed out my battery numerous times without any problems with the o-ring. Also might want to bring the battery compartment tool with you since I've found it much easier to open the back than with a screw driver, and stores in my kit much more compactly. :)

Back
Top Bottom