Florida to Bahamas liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How about some info on liveaboards that go to the Bahamas from Florida? I know shear water does; however, we like diving with sharks , not feeding them.
I relize that a lot of operations do a shark feed dive, and, thats okay. We would rather not have that as the primary focus of our trip.
Any other operations leave from Florida to the Bahamas?
Thanks....
Danny

How about some info on liveaboards that go to the Bahamas from Florida? I know shear water does; however, we like diving with sharks , not feeding them.
I relize that a lot of operations do a shark feed dive, and, thats okay. We would rather not have that as the primary focus of our trip.
Any other operations leave from Florida to the Bahamas?
Thanks....
Danny

I'm booked on this one in May running from Miami: Juliet Sailing and Scuba Diving

Sounds good. How many dive per day are possible. how many dive days?

Nekton is in the Bahamas around April - Sept. with several itineraries leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Sales plug - our store has 20 spaces Aug 2-9 on the Rorqual leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and going on the Medio Reef itinerary. PM for more info if interested in coming with us.

The Juliet does about 4 dives a day...you leave Miami on Saturday and do the crossing..after clearing customs Sunday morning, you start diving until Thursday. Depending upon your flight time, 2 to 4 dives on Thursday. The Juliet only has 12 divers per trip so it's not crowded. That is her (Juliet) in my avatar.

Juliet typically does 4 dives a day over 5 days. This can vary according to the dive group, though. Max divers is 12 so each trip is catered to the group, weather conditions permitting of course. When I went we visited a lot of wrecks and dove a few sites more than once because we wanted to and John, the captain, pretty much does what it takes to please the passengers.

As the others stated, 4 dives a day is pretty much the norm and 5 dives a day is possible if that's what the group wants to do. The have membrane nitrox onboard so our group plans on diving until the cows come home :D

The boat is practically in my backyard and when I spoke to Capt. John, every question I asked was answered with "sure, that's not a problem". Only 11 other guests, great food, and that "can do" attitude wins every time in my book. And I'm even bringing my steel 130 :)

Geat info. The juliet sounds like it is perfect. however, my wife tends to get a bit quesy from time to time. The Nekto would be more comfortable for her. I really would rather be on a more low key non cattle boat like the juliet.
Question: where is the best place to dive on these charters?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom