Recommend a Shop in PCB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nixdax

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm moving to Panama City Beach this week and will need to find a new dive center to call home ;o) Could you recommend which shop you like in the area and why. Tec diving is a plus.

Thanks a bunch!!

Mat,

What do they rent tanks for? I'm spending spring break in PCB.

Danny

The way I see it you have two choices, the Dive Locker and Divers Den. The locker has generally the best prices espcially on gas but Divers Den is a more by the book shop and they don't half ass anything especially safety. I am friends with most of the Dive Locker Staff and I run my charter people through Divers Den so I have a bit of a conflict in interests. They are both on Thomas Dr and both have great employees, pick whichever one makes you feel more at home, or just don't pick.

If you want to get into spearing (I only say it because most divers here are spearos) definitely talk to Ryan at the Dive Locker and no one else.

also there is panama city dive center or pcdc

I can't recommend any shops in PCB if you're looking for air fills. I usually head down with full tanks. However, about an hour north of PCB and real close to some of the greatest cave diving around is Cave Adventurers. I haven't found anyone that can beat Edd's prices on gear.

I like Dive Locker, too.

the K

Mat,

What do they rent tanks for? I'm spending spring break in PCB.

Danny

check their web page.

Dive Locker - Panama City Beach Florida Dive Locations, Panama City Beach Wrecks, Panama City Beach Reef Dives

it says

DIVE LOCKER RENTAL PRICES
Air Tanks $8.00 Light $10.00
Nitrox Tanks $12.00
Mask/Snorkel $5.00 Wetsuits
Fins $5.00 -Full $10.00
Regulator $15.00 -Half $6.00
BCD $15.00 -Boots $5.00
Weight Belts $5.00 -Gloves $3.00
Weights $.25/lb -Hood $4.00
Dive Flag $5.00
AIR FILLS
All Nitrox fills are 32% 02. Special Blends are available upon request at an additional charge.
Air $5.00 Nitrox $8.00
* Rentals are Daily
* No Refunds on Un-Used Gear​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom