Info on Cape San Blas and surroundings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murdrcycle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are planning a family vacation in July and considering Cape San Blas as a destination. I was wondering two things:

1. - How is the diving (vis, temp, depth, sea life, etc - and I am willing to travel within a 50 or 60 mile radius)

2. - Is there anything there for kids to do? We will be there with two 8 year olds and a 13 year old.

I have searched the internet but have found very little. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

There are one, maybe two operators in the area - not too many divesites that I know of though. There are far more ops in PCB(Panama City Beach), with lots of closer dive sites and likely more divesites.

Visibility can be great, or awefull, temps will be in the 80sF by July, and life should be plentiful.

For kids... there's a state park out there that can be fun to snorkel, just watch out for the urchins.

Granted, it has been 10 years ago or so since I was in the Cape San Blas area, but when I was there I ended up driving to Panama City to dive. At the time there was a semi-dive operation in Port St Joe (don't remember the name) but after talking to them, I chose to keep looking.

Not a lot of activities for the kids either other than snorkeling and general hanging out at the beach.

It might have changes some in the 10+ years though..............

There are a few dive operators around the area I think Daly's and Kill Fish charters are the closest. There isn't much to do on the Cape, its more a low key spend time with the family place. The fishing off the cape is excellent and I would reccoment you check it out if that is an activity your family be into. Otherwise its a long drive to Panama City for one of the local dive charters.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom