Question for ladies who wear wings ......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

I have been wearing a Sea Quest Diva BCD for five years and have heard so many things about wings that I have decided to buy the Frog Indigo or Halcyon Eclipse

I dive in a dry suit or 7mm semi
with a single 10 litre cylinder and a 1.5 lite pony
I have been blessed with rather large assets :D

My question, for the ladies, is .......

Does the webbing of the wing cause any uncomfortable pressure on that particular area either when you are walking, fully kitted up or diving or sitting waiting on the boat kitted up

I ask this because the SQ Diva is designed for ladies and does not have such straps or webbing

Your thoughts are much appreciated

Dive safe

Venus

If by "that area" you mean "boobs" then the answer is no. The shoulder straps tuck into the armpits avoiding "that area" by a long stretch. If that's not what we're talking about, you may wish to rephrase!

Rachel

Im a male but dive with a frog indigo when using a single tank. This is Identical to the halcyon but cheaper. Superb bit of kit. I can confirm it tucks under the armpits.

However if you have any fitting issues I am available to lend a helping hand:eyebrow::eyebrow::wink:

Hi

I'll be at Wraysbury lake on Saturday if you want to help
I'll be testing a Halcyon wing from Eau Zone in Egham

I'm torn between buying the Frog Indigo or the Halcyon Eclipse

The only thing is is the frog is 100 pounds cheaper, but I have heard that the frog wing shrinks and causes problems with the STA

Do you have any thoughts on the Frog

Venus

However if you have any fitting issues I am available to lend a helping hand:eyebrow::eyebrow::wink:

I can't speak to the questions about the Frog, since I've never seen one. But I'm a reasonably busty woman using a Hog harness, and it's WAY more comfortable than my former BC was. No chest strap! What I did find was that backplate slots are cut for the width of a typical man's shoulders, so if I ran the straps the usual way, they ate into the inside of my upper arm (I'd have linear bruises after diving). I crossed the straps behind my neck, and it solved the problem, and my rig is now wonderfully comfortable.

Thanks for your help everyone

I have decided on the Frog Indigo and will be ordering it on Monday with an ali plate

has anyone seen those smaller back plates which are specifically designed for small women - such as me

I borrowed a wing on the weekend and found that the back plate did stick into my lower back just where my hips start and has left a little bruise

I don't even notice my Hog harness. Tobin with DSS has plates sized for different heights.

i'll second about crossing the straps, and agree that the harness is miles away from your boobs.

Hi TSandM + Baby Duck

what do you mean by crossing the straps behind your neck
any chance of a quick picci

my Frog Indigo arrives next Wednesday

I have another question about how to attach your accessories - I'll start another thread maybe

I'm going to have:
large smb with crack bottle, small back up smb
ratchet reel, back up spool
camera
flash light - small one, not a huge green force umbilical thing
battery pack for my heated vest - this will attach to the cylinder band
pony bottle - this will attach to the cylinder band

I don't know what to do with the reel, spool, smbs
I dont want to have things hanging

Thanks

Venus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/