Aeris ACI 2.1.7 problem/bug?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I have encountered a strange problem with my Aeris Manta computer while downloading settings to the PC (Configuration/Dive Computer/Setting Options/Read Settings from DC).

The real settings of the computer are:
NORM/SETA/EDT: 0:30
FREE/FDA1 10.0/ON

What the interface of ACI 2.1.7 displays after reading settings from DC is:
Alarm/Normal/Gauge Dive/Elapsed Dive Time: 0:10
Alarm/Free Dive/First Alarm: ON/30 M

The other settings are correctly displayed.

The firmware version is 1A, S/N 1337.

Please let me know if I can help with any other information (like downloaded files, screenshots, photos, anything else).

I am really surprised that I have not received any answer; I have sent this message directly to the Aeris Support, and to this channel.

I am starting to feel sorry for choosing this product :-( if they cannot fix a software bug. I wonder how much I can trust my life to it if such simple things are going unanswered and not fixed.

Thanks for the reply. I have just sent you the following e-mail to dkrause@DiveAeris.com. I could not just post it here because the dlg file was too large.
Dear Mr. Krause,

Attached is the dlg file obtained by creating a new log and downloading just the settings from the Manta computer. I used meanwhile the 2.1.8 version which is available from DiveAeris.com - Scuba Gear, Scuba Equipment and Dive Gear, (although, btw, the link on DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Software still points to 2.1.7 - only the "Posted 3/6/08" hinted me to search on www.diveaeris.com - /software/ for the new version).

The bug is still there.

On the computer screen, in NORM mode, SETA/EDT is 0:30, and in FREE, FDA1 is 10. On the ACI 2.1.7 and 2.1.8, downloaded settings EDT is 0:10 and Free Dive 1 is 30 M. The values are changed after download (the initial settings of a blank logbook are of course different).

Please let me know if you need photos of the computer screen and/or screenshots from the computer as proof.

Best regards,
Victor Stanescu

As another week has passed, and I haven't heard anything here or on e-mail from Aeris.. can you please tell me about the state of fixing this bug?

I was wondering if anybody at Aeris identified the problem, and when should I expect a patched ACI?

Back
Top Bottom