P90x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triptrop

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried out P90X before? Just wondering what kind of workout you get from it. Wondering if it is worth purchasing.

I tried the basic Power 90 program that came out before 90x and was made by the same guy. I did it for almost 2 months and had great results - better than working out on the machines at the gym. Unfortunatley, I had some things going on in my life that took my attention away from daily exercise so I dropped the program. I have wanted to start back but I can't find the DVDs. :shakehead:

I was real impressed with the basic program and I am sure the 90x is even better. Bottom line, though, is that it is a program that takes commitment. It's hard work, especially if you aren't in the best shape to begin with. However, if you're able to stick with it, you will definitely see great results.

I just bought this - one week into the workouts and nutrition plan.

Seems to be a great program - quite the workout.

Did you but it? What has been your experience, if you did.....

Michael

I got 2 friends who did this, and had great results. I ordered it for myself, and should have it by monday. I just hope i can be as disiplined as they want you to be.

I just bought this - one week into the workouts and nutrition plan.

Seems to be a great program - quite the workout.

Did you but it? What has been your experience, if you did.....

Michael

How are your workouts going? Any results?

I am in my fourth week of P90X on the lean program. There are three different programs Lean Classic and Doubles. My wife and I are doing it together and we love it but we hate it at the same time. It will whoop your arse an hour and a half of yoga leaves you fellin like you want to die. But the results are better than anything I have had before with other work out programs. I look at it like a failsafe program as long as you do what they tell you it will work. Everything is laid out for you nothing left to chance you just have to do it. I will recommend P90X to anyone based on the results that I have had.

I am already from my 36" pants back into 34" pants and i feel great.

In the end it comes down to you making the commitment to the program it will work.

Set aside at least an hour and a half a day for workouts.

If you have any other questions just send me a PM

thanks
Richard

What is the meal plan like? That's the toughest for me, having to try and cook something different than what the family is having when I don't get home until after 6:30 every night. Is it reasonable or something really hardcore?

What supplements are they wanting you to take? Body for life had you on $150 worth of supplements every month.

Thanks

The meal plan is the hardest part I eat alot of salad and grilled chicken. A little bit of fruit I wish I could have more but its not on the plan. Most of my protien comes from whey protein shakes. I did have pizza madness monday a couple of nights ago and the family loved it. Whole grain pizza crust with a little sauce and low fat cheese. Compaired to the rabbit food I have been eating for the last month it was a god send.

The program has a book on the nutrition plan not a couple pagers but a book. That will break it down for you piece by piece. Its hard I have 2 young children but the book has lots of reciepes in it to make it easy. The biggest thing is moderation and eating 6 times a day intead of 3 or 2 or in my case no breakfast a snack for lunch and then a big dinner.

As for the supplements I use a cheap whey protien mix from GNC. I use it for meal replacements and as a recovery drink. I drink at least 2 a day sometimes 3. Its $18.99 a jug and has 32 servings in it.

( GNC Pro Performance Whey Protein Complex ) Its even buy one get one half off.

I have actually found that i dont eat as much as I am suppsed to.

The only other thing I am looking at getting that I havn't yet is a good multi vitamin pack if any one has a good suggestion its much welcomed.

Richard

Yep it really does work. Especially if you follow the nutritional guide.

I have modified the program to:

run 10k three times a week (M/W/F)
do two of the weights workouts (Tues/Thurs)
weekends off.

If it's raining, I'll substitute Plyometric or Kempo for the run, but the run is a better cardio workout than either of those two. I am definitely stronger than I have ever been. I used to run 10-12k frequently, like 10 years ago, and by cardio fitness was a bit bettter then, but my overall strength is much better now. If I was smart, I'd do the yoga now too.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom