I Hit #100 in Cozumel!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I can't begin to describe the awesome experience I had in Cozumel!! There is so much to say it is hard to put it all into words. I am so thankful I was able to go on this trip that Gary and Linda from Gary's Gulf Divers put together. A group trip is by far the way to go in my opinion. There were 10 of us and we got to know each other so well and I feel like I have made life long friends. Our group consisted of Gary and Linda, John and Lyndsi, Steve and Monica, Bob, Donna, Krystal and myself. The diving was incredible, the group was awesome, the food and drinks and service at the resort "The Fiesta Americana" far exceeded my expectations and the dive shop and staff at the Dive House waited on us hand and foot and treated us like royalty.
When you step out of the taxi and enter the resort it is like moving into an altered state of reality. The phone stops ringing, the computer was left at home and the tv was never turned on. You became entranced by the beauty of the water, the scenery, the slower and more relaxed pace of the Islanders and it seemed as though time stood still. We drifted from the water, to the most incredible diving I have ever experienced in my life, back to sharing great meals with friends that I have known for a while and new friends that I met for the first time on this trip. There is so much to say I will try to share as much as I can but I know I will leave alot out. It was truly an experience of a lifetime.

Congratulations, way to go!

I agree, it's great to "get away from it all" and just dive.

Thank you!! It is the first time I have ever been on a trip out of the country and "unplugged" so to speak....truly an awe inspiring experience.

Our first day in paradise. Right after we got unpacked and checked out the resort and dive shop we met up for a meal and then a trip to the bar by the pool. I had my first tequila shots!!! I asked for a tequila shot and I think it was about 4 oz and I said Woahhhh....wait a minute...The bartender laughed and said "This is a Mexican Shot":D
Needless to say...we were dancing the electric slide with other guests before the night was over..

cozumel011.jpg

The breathtaking view from our room.
cozumel014.jpg

I did eleven dives in all while we were there and WoooHooo!!! on our fourth day I hit dive number ONE HUNDRED!!!

Our wonderful DM Manuel and I. I had to give him a big hug for this pic and he told the photograher "Take your time..Take your time" On our first day of diving we were all trying to set up our gear and he told us they would do that. He said you Ladies just sit back and relax and "Don't worry be sexy" :wink:

cozumel029.jpg

Right after Dive Number 100!!

cozumel038.jpg

My fellow divers who went with me on this dive.

cozumel040.jpg

After our last day of diving we went into town for a celebration!! Of course we had to dress up for the occasion.

cozumel043.jpg

Our last day in paradise.

cozumel049.jpg

I also met some great people on our flights and at the resort. On our flight from Pensacola to Dallas I met a man who works for Target in their credit card fraud division who taught me how to protect myself against identity theft. From Dallas to Cozumel I hooked up with Krystal and we were giddy about our upcoming trip.
During our stay I met several people from other parts of the states. Some had left 0 and -15 degree weather to come to Cozumel where it is in the 80's practically year round. Another couple from Texas were on their honeymoon and he was in his 70's. What a pair!!
On the return flight, I met Rick who had also been diving in Cozumel at another resort and we spent the whole 2 and 1/2 hour flight watching all his videos and looking at all the pics he took. He also showed me his Uwatec dive computer that told him everything down to his heart rate while underwater.
On the last leg of our flight from Dallas to Pensacola we were the flight that had avionic issues and had to turn around and go back to Dallas. On this flight I met the Westminster's champion Uno's trainer and handler Aaron Wilkerson!! What a character!! We played hangman with a teenager across the isle from us and laughed our heads off! :D

Mas Tequila!! Have my "tequila dive team" shirt on today.

Sounds like you had quite the time - despite being delayed by technical difficulties

Congratulations, Denise! :hugs:

Sorry I missed you in Dallas, but I'm glad you had a great time.

Congrats on the 100th Dive. I should be doing mine in Cozumel in another 2 weeks or so, supposing everything goes to plan!

Sounds like you had quite the time - despite being delayed by technical difficulties
Oh we had an awesome time!! The flight delay was on the way home from Dallas to Pensacola. I didn't know it had made the news until my Mom told me about it when I got home.

Congratulations, Denise! :hugs:
Sorry I missed you in Dallas, but I'm glad you had a great time.
Ahhhhh....I missed the reception you planned for us at the Dallas airport?:wink:

Congrats on the 100th Dive. I should be doing mine in Cozumel in another 2 weeks or so, supposing everything goes to plan!
Matt!! You should have come with us!!

Back
Top Bottom