voodoo gas tank stickers? [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : voodoo gas tank stickers?

Sponsored Link
JKPAO
February 29th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Anyone know where to get a couple online?
See you topside! John

fppf
February 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM
airspeedpress.com

But buyer beware, some shops wont fill tanks with "incorrect markings"

Also, don't mark a tank nitrox safe, or O2 clean that is not.

matts1w
February 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Anyone know where to get a couple online?
See you topside! John

Tank stickers (http://www.airspeedpress.com/stickers2.html)

BarryNL
March 1st, 2008, 07:25 AM
airspeedpress.com

The stickers do have the correct colouring and wording. Unfortunately, some shops don't actually know the regulations they are trying to enforce...:shakehead:

JKPAO
March 1st, 2008, 09:33 AM
Thank you to all!
See you topside! John

texdiveguy
March 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
airspeedpress.com

The sticker are correct.....I use them......it's uneducated dive shop owners/monkeys that are at issue for not knowing,,,,I have never though run into a problem.

NWGratefulDiver
March 1st, 2008, 10:18 AM
These are cool too ... and also functionally correct ...

Geezer Gas Bumper Sticker > Geezer Gas Nitrox Shop | CafePress (http://www.cafepress.com/geezergas.186844337)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

jeffloughridge
May 7th, 2010, 06:14 PM
OK. I'm resurrecting this post from the past, rather than starting a new one on the same subject.

I have tried to email Airspeed Press to see if these stickers are still available but my email was bounced as undeliverable due to no known address.

Their website is still up...sort of, but some page links don't work like "Contact Us."

I'm not dense and missing the obvious clues here, I'm just hoping there is some other explanation than they have vanished into the ether.

Anyone know more?

NWGratefulDiver
May 7th, 2010, 06:27 PM
airspeedpress.com

The markings are correct ... it's the shop that's incorrect.

Neither do normal NITROX banners ... that information is on the VIP sticker ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Scuba31
May 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I find it interesting that they claim their Last Update was Nov 2010. So either they have mastered time travel or I have forgotten what year it is.

Scuba31
May 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Just got a reply back from Airspeed Press about the stickers - they are out of the 12" stickers but still have the 6" ones.

wadedeeper
May 8th, 2010, 03:37 AM
I am a little worried because Voodoo gas stickers still aren't supposed to be the identifying tank sticker to indicate the special Nitrox or SafeAir tank. Nitrox or SafeAir stickers are really the only ones. Though Voodoo Gas is technically the "SafeAir" reference even shops that call it VooDoo Gas still require the Nitrox sticker on them. VooDoo Gas is just a fun name for what was once the Taboo air mix for a small percentage of divers some years ago. So I guess I am curious as to why people were referencing that you should put the stickers on O2 cleaned tanks...in my mind they are no different than throwing on any manufacturer's sticker...doesn't mean anything...nor should it.

Now, you want SafeAir or Nitrox stickers...then I understand.

fppf
May 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Man, you guys a are rough, notice the quotes around "incorrect"

In any event, does not matter if the shop is right or wrong, if they don't like the stickers they don't need to fill your cylinders. And there are shops that are hard over and you can have issues.

Sorry for the full disclosure, I do have these stickers on my cylinders. But I know the shops around here are enlightened.

Xaryo
May 8th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I too have these stickers because they are funny and not as overly dramatics than regular Nitrox tank wrapper. They say that it may contain gaz other than air and to check the containt label. That is the important sticker, the containt label with the mix and mod.

By the way, nitrox 21 is just plain old air, so, don't you need nitrox sticker anyway?... :)

Many of my friends want these sticker for their tank after having seen mine. I'm spreading the virus. Mouahahah!!

scubamama5
May 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I too have my personal tanks labeled "VooDoo Gas" ...they're FUN!

Our Nitrox "Rental" tanks have traditional tank bands.

When we fill your personal tanks...I only care about the VIP (02 clean to accept 100% )
We fill PP..
Of course, some kind of content sticker is needed...we can use "traditional" content stickers if that's what you want or ??
I just want you to have a label indicating the mix..

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1