Dove with Abernathy's today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Had a great day...seas a little rough water a bit chilly...but Capt and crew were about as good as there are out there...No mention of the Sheer Water shark incident. Obviously they can't divulge any info on what really happened.

Hey board...Jim Abernathy will be going through some difficult times with this incident. He probably has one of the most professional, well trained & safety conscious crews in all of Florida. We gotta stand behind them...I had a major incident back in 1998 while diving with them...One of my divers had an PFO incident. He would probably be dead today if not for the quick response of the crew, getting him on O2...Notifying emergency teams and when the Coast Guard screwed up...Jim went straight to the commander.

Please lets stand behind Jim Abernathy...he & his crew need our help

PS...Oh by they way...I flooded my camera today...they were so helpful with flushing the guts out of it

Joe

Had a great day...seas a little rough water a bit chilly...but Capt and crew were about as good as there are out there...No mention of the Sheer Water shark incident. Obviously they can't divulge any info on what really happened.

. . .

Please lets stand behind Jim Abernathy...he & his crew need our help

Unless they pushed the divers off the boat into the water, JASA should be fine.

People need to be responsible for their own decisions.

Terry

While I agree people should be responsible for their own decisions, let's face it, they aren't. You expect a certain level safety and ensure a certain level of trust in the vendor that they are going to be safe. Good thing for insurance! Reading the news articles, JASA was already warned by the Bahamas Diving Association and were going into deep waters with more aggressive sharks rather in than shallower waters.

I was just spoke with JASA last week about diving in a few weeks and they seemed great. I have no doubt that they are a good vendor.

Sorry Joe, but I dived with them once several years ago. Their Captain was the worst I've ever seen and I will never use that operator again. I'll swim to the outer reefs before I'll use an Abernathy boat.

Sorry Joe, but I dived with them once several years ago. Their Captain was the worst I've ever seen and I will never use that operator again. I'll swim to the outer reefs before I'll use an Abernathy boat.

Walter,

Did you voice your complaints to management and if so, what was their response??
(I'm not an "Abernethy Advocate" but just wondering what their response was)

I've always had excellent service from Abernathy. They're my #1 phone call when I can't get on with Pura Vida Divers.

Well... now that Little Deeper is in Riviera Beach Marina... decisions... decisions... I'll have to make that decision when the time comes... but... until now they were my 2nd phone call...

Well... now that Little Deeper is in Riviera Beach Marina... decisions... decisions... I'll have to make that decision when the time comes.....

Yep, I fully agree about Captain Dave moving Little Deeper to Riviera Beach. Great boat, great service, good charter prices, and a DM who obviously enjoys doing what she does.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom