July 4 in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ievayn

New
Reaction score
My wife and I will spend 2 nights in Holiday In in Key Largo on July 3, 2008. We are relatively new divers (about 20 dives). There more than a few dive shops in Key Largo. What sites would you recommend and who should we go diving with? Any input will be appreciated.

I prefer diving with Jeff Jarvis DIVE KEY LARGO - SCUBA with HMS MINNOW DIVING CHARTERS, Florida Keys Pennekamp Sanctuary- boat slip behing the Holiday Inn. My wife and I have been diving with Jeff for about 4-5 years now and couldn't ask for better service.

Molasses or Frenches reef are both good sites that typically are not more than 30' deep with nice life. The Benwood is a great shallow wreck close by as well.

Call Jeff and tell him what you are looking for and he will hook you up with what you want. As you are going to be there on a very busy holiday, I highly suggest that you make plans/reserve dives soon no matter who you choose to dive with.

Conch Republic and Blue Water are 2 additional top notch dive operations.

Brent at BlueWater 305 453-9600 He is the best and will take you out and even dive with you if you want him to. He is also right out your front door at Holiday Inn.

Brent at BlueWater 305 453-9600 He is the best and will take you out and even dive with you if you want him to. He is also right out your front door at Holiday Inn.

I will strongly second Brent, Glen, and Bluewater Diver.

I just came back from Key Largo. While there I stayed at the Holiday Inn. Based on recommendations from various members of this forum I dove with Conch Republic Divers and Blue Water Divers. While I definitely enjoyed my dives with Conch Republic, I really enjoyed my Blue Water experience. It wasn't just the incredible convenience of walking from my room to the boat. It was also the fact that Brent and Glen run a really good operation. Fewer divers on a boat means more personalized service is possible. I'm not sure when I'll be getting back to Key Largo; but if and when I do I'll be sure to try to dive with Blue Water Divers as often as possible. (Also, it's really good to know that if Blue Water is booked up, I'll still be able to gets some great diving in with Conch Republic.)

Peace,
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom