Carrying and protection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobyjimmie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Completely new to this underwater photography and completely hooked already. I have a Canon A720 P&S with the canon underwater case. I just did a week in Hawaii and was shoving my camera in my dive bag when headed out to the dive boat and luckily in my wifes camera backpack with her SLR equipment for the travel home but this wont always be the case because I will do trips without her if they just diving trips. What is a good way to protect my camera and its UW case? I was thinking a Pelican thats big enough for it and my Light Canon that I use for night dives but then is that an issue with the airlines because I doubt it will fit in my dive bag once all my gear is in it. A little advice goes along ways gang please let me know what you all are doing. Also I donthave a strobe but I am sure somewhere down the road I will end up with one so take that into consideration.

Hi there....welcome to our wonderful world and to what could be one of the most expensive hobbies you ever started...lol

This is what I do;

Remove your O-ring, make sure it is greased before/during storage and pack it in a ziplock bag and put that in the housing....

I have a DX-1G and place the wide angle lens on it and place a cover over the lens. I then put it in a soft bag (one that I got free with a whiskey bottle!), ....the whole thing is then wrapped in my Wetsuit and placed in my dive bag. Camera and strobe come with me on my carry on (I am more afraid of theft).

I find those hard boxes like the Pelicans really heavy and my dive dear takes SO MUCH of my weight allowance as it is already.

I am in the process of moving to a housed DSLR outfit and my have to change how I do things....having said that, the camera and lenses will DEFINITELY come with me on my carry on.

I bought a collapsible cooler that can get wet for the boat and bought this at Wal-Mart for $16.00 that holds my a720, underwater case, 0-rings, grease, weights, charger and anything else that will be one of my carry-on items. It has lots of pockets and fits perfectly!
101_2633.jpg

img0126kc1.jpg

nice thanks! I was thinking the Pelican was too heavy too, now to figure out the Light canon issue. So far I just carry them on with me as well as my reg and computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom