Looking for digital setup.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

look @ a Canon A570 or A720......my sig pics were taken with the A570 with no ext. strobe--- camera & housing can be bought for less than $300 US--A720 a little more.......Also do an above search on the 570 & 720 & the camera you mentioned, many threads are on SB pretaining to the info you ask for........good luck....

your pics look great!

i would rather go w/ something like the canon a720 as i could use a nice point and shoot as well....

look @ a Canon A570 or A720......my sig pics were taken with the A570 with no ext. strobe--- camera & housing can be bought for less than $300 US--A720 a little more.......Also do an above search on the 570 & 720 & the camera you mentioned, many threads are on SB pretaining to the info you ask for........good luck....

I second diver85's recommendation. You can't go wrong with either of the cameras and you take take great pictures with either of them. Also the A640 is another good choice that some people prefer because it uses 4 versus 2 batteries and also hear a lot of good things about the Canon G9 but it was larger than what I was looking for.

You can see what can be done with a A720IS using only natural light or in-camera strobe by clicking my the "PicasaWeb" link in my signature and selecting "Sipadan 2007 - Underwater".

If you want to do a Scubaboard search for previous threads about these 2 cameras you will need to search for either A570 or A720. The Scubaboard search engine requires at least 4 characters in your search term - otherwise you get a message that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Good luck on your quest.

also in your pics, did you use a flash?

On most I did, the shots of a couple turtles near the surface and the squid shots were not with a flash, try to use the ambient lite when possible...Also, leave it in macro most of the time...For instance, on the squid shots, there was a guy shooting an expensive($2000+) outfit & did not get good shots of the squid...I showed him my results & said I just left it on macro, he got very mad ie my little(cost then) $400 outfit "out did" his $2000 outfit......

Back
Top Bottom