Opinions on the Zeagle Scout BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trey,
You beat me to this post. I saw the same deal and was wondering same thing, but for a small female about 5'5" 105 lbs. I haven't heard anything bad about Zeagle. It seams like a good deal for $200. Let's hope the board provides some good insight on the matter.

K9Pig:police:
Ted

I've been diving a scout for 4 years. It works for me, great travel BC. I don't plan to change BCs until I wear it completely out, thats how much I like it. $200 for a new scout sounds good.

I've got one and as said, it's great. It's built to a design criteria (ie low weight for travel) and works great. If the word cheap is used it only refers to the price. Nothing else. I don't think you'll find many owners who disagree.

IMO, get it....I bought one late last spring and like it---alot.......Scuba.com is where I bought mine for about that price($215 I believe) and just the other day saw they had them for the price you linked......A good deal......

Been diving a Scout for years. Mine is the older stripped down version (no pockets). I really like mine. Simple, clean, well built and lightweight, everything I want in a BC.

I'm sure that their are many better BC's, but I want to know if this $200 BC will get the job done?
Thanks,
Trey

Yes, and the only better BC I've found is a BP/W. Did I phrase that right?

Yes, and the only better BC I've found is a BP/W. Did I phrase that right?

Not really. In this instance a BP/wing is not better if low cost is the major factor. You will not find a new BP/wing at anywhere near the $200 price range. The best BP/wing deal I have seen is the ST one for $295 and that does not include tank straps (+$40). In addition, a BP/wing does not include intergrated weights, good or bad, it is an additional cost if the diver wants it. I personally like them and would not have a BC I needed a weight belt with. Even in the travel weight catagory an AL BP at best ties and it loses compaired to the older stripped down Scout- 4lbs. There are instances where the BP is the best choice but not here.

I see this is being pushed as a light weight warm water/travel BC.

Does this BC have enough lift for an average diver with using a 7mm wetsuit and an Al 80 single tank?

Is it rear inflate? It wasn't mentioned in any of the write-ups that I found.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom