Cave Excusions/Sidemount.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amphibious

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Planning a trip to Florida for this December (yeah I plan WAY ahead) and So far the choice is Cave Excusions for Cavern/Intro to Cave.

Everyone I've talked to has Raved about this place and given it never ending praise. but I'm always up for a mass concensus..

So yeah - What do you think of Cave Excusions?

Willer

I took my training from HERE.

This instructor is affiliated with Cave Excursions, but teaches independently. I felt that I got quality instruction and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him again.

I met the owner of Cave Excursions on several occassions and he seemed like a nice enough guy, but there are others who hold a dimmer opinion of him for reasons of their own.

My suggestion is to talk as much as you can with the instructor prior to the class to make sure that you are both on the same page and s/he has the qualities you are looking for.

One other thing to note; if you are a DIR proponent, I don't believe that C.E. teaches that particular style. To some people it matters, to others it doesnt.

HTH

DIR would be nice - but I'm more of a Hybrid diver. most of my equipment is DiveRite, and I have 20 or so Sidemount dives, the main reasons behind researching C.E.

My TranspacII is what I use for traveling and everything except a drysuit, so I probably wouldn't quallify for a DIR cave course anyways.

(even know I have my 7ft & 22in hoses on the way... just recived my ATX50 DS4 DIN in the mail this morning!)

anyone know of any camping close by?

Willer

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
I prefer to get my gas from Cathy............

Oh come on...A scubaboard member that doesn't want it for 1/3 the price? just kidding.

No doubt Bill has cheap gas. I have stayed at Cathy's and still get some of my gas at CE just to save a few bucks. I admit it.

Cave Diver once bubbled...
I took my training from HERE.

This instructor is affiliated with Cave Excursions, but teaches independently. I felt that I got quality instruction and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him again.

I met the owner of Cave Excursions on several occassions and he seemed like a nice enough guy, but there are others who hold a dimmer opinion of him for reasons of their own.

My suggestion is to talk as much as you can with the instructor prior to the class to make sure that you are both on the same page and s/he has the qualities you are looking for.

One other thing to note; if you are a DIR proponent, I don't believe that C.E. teaches that particular style. To some people it matters, to others it doesnt.

HTH

PM Campana, he did full cave with Mike O. Even though dave breathes the long hose and Mike doesn't I think he was happy with the class.

When BR at CE is in doubles I believe he also stuffs the long hose. I may do sidemount with Bill one of these days. My former cave instructor was Bill's OW instructor and they started cave diving together way back in the old days. However my former cave instructor dives Hogarthian all the way, well unlesss he's sidemount or no mount or diving a rebreather.

Hey Willer,
If you are DIR, don't go to Bill's. Cathy's shop is the closest to DIR in the area. If you want to learn from someone who lays line on a VERY regular basis, Bill is your man.
I would not recommend Michael O'leary as posted by Cave Diver!

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom